Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Help Wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=215] Hello Online Sequencer! It's been nearly a year since the event committee has formed, and, sadly to say, many of the people who have joined the committee have either left or neglected their obligations for the roles they signed up for. Therefore we have decided to expand out the committee to allow more people who want to help into the committee.

Below are the different Sections of the committee that are taking in new members, if you want to join any of them, make sure to read that section of the committee and reply to this thread stating any parts of the committee that you would like to join.

Please Note! There are some qualifications that need to be met in order to join the committee. These qualifications are meant to ensure that any applications are genuine and that any users who apply will meet their obligations if chosen to be added. The qualifications are:
  • You must have a discord account (please include it in your application).
  • You must have had an account for at least 3 months.
  • You must have familiarity with Online Sequencer, but most importantly the chat and forum.
  • Name at least 5 usernames of people on this site that are not already found in this thread and that I know.
  • You must have a good standing with the OS community and its' staff.
  • You must be consistently active on this site.
Lastly, before we get to the parts of the committee that are accepting members, if you make an application, I will react to it to let you know the state of your application. Here are what the different reactions mean:

[Image: rate_heart.png] means that you have been automatically accepted. I know you well, I know you have good intentions to support the site and the community!

[Image: agree.png] means that you have been accepted. I don't know you that well, but you still meet all requirements of above. I expect some good work.

[Image: disagree.png] means you were rejected for not being able to follow requirements or for behavior reasons.

[Image: dumb.png] means you have been filed for further consideration. I know you, but I will still need to see a better demonstration for what you can contribute to this group.

[Image: rate_clock.png] means I would like to consider you for the committee, but due to long periods of inactivity, you have not been accepted. Please demonstrate a frequent attendance in OS.

[Image: rate_confusing.png] means I have doubt over your ability to communicate with people in the chat, you should be able to communicate well to create good events. Please demonstrate respectable social behavior. Otherwise, you fit the other rules.

Now, onto the different sections of the committee!

Monthly Contest Voting Committee
Help the maintain the monthly contests behind the scenes!

Obligations:
  • Once a month, vote for the contest entries that you think should win during the voting period (the 22nd until the last day of the month).
Optional:
  • Help decide what the themes of future monthly contests will be.
  • Help create prizes for the future monthly contests.
Note: joining this section of the committee does not prevent you from entering the monthly contests, although you will not be allowed to vote for your own entries.

Community Committee
Come up with event ideas for the Online Sequencer community!

Events should...
  • be realistic. While it's good to be creative in thinking of events, don't try to make something so huge that it will fall flat on it's face.
  • be unique from the monthly contests. Unless there is a special reason for it, if you want a sequence-creating contest as an event, save it for a monthly contest theme.
Obligations:
  • Once your event has been approved and you put it into action, don't back out before the event has finished. Maintain your events until completion.

Halloween Scavenger Hunt Planning Committee
Help plan out the Halloween Scavenger Hunt Event!

Obligations:
  • Find hiding spots for the "candies" that users will need to find and create clues leading to those hiding spots for the Halloween Scavenger Hunt Event each year!

Please Note: this event will only happen if enough users join to help find hiding spots. Being a part of this section of the event committee will prevent you from participating in this event.

Easter Egg Hunt Planning Committee
Help plan out the Easter Egg Hunt Event!

Obligations:
  • Find hiding spots for the "eggs" that users will need to find in the Easter Egg Hunt each year!

Please Note: this event will only happen if enough users join to help find hiding spots. Being a part of this section of the event committee will prevent you from participating in this event.

I hope to see some of you wanting to help make the OS Community even better!

I wish to join the Tutorial and Monthly Contest Voting Commitees, however I can't be heavily relied upon for a few reasons, but mainly I'm often busy, and my computer cannot run some sequences.

With the contest being monthly, the first may not be a large issue

I have no coding ability or computer skills
I'd love to join the Monthly Contest Voting Committee, im online most of the time and highly active both in chat and in forums. My computer can run every sequence (unless it has more than 100k notes of course).

Sadly I'm not that good at coding. But I presume that wouldn't be such a big problem.

Discord: Salt#7433 (Capital 'S')

5 OS People
1. XStep
2. *****
3. Void
4. EtherBot
5. UTComposer
How to make a Diss Chord account?
Guys, you should be good. I don't think Kirby is looking specifically for people who code,
responsibilities are more aimed at coming up with Monthly contest themes, writing up monthly contest intro/forum posts, making easter egg and monthly contest example sequences, voting/judging each month for the monthly contest sequences, brainstorming monthly contest themes and other social interactions to do on the website, etc.

Moreover, it's still up to Kirby on whether or not you can get in, but you guys both seem qualified to me, and you probably need not to worry about doing any coding. : )
(Sorry to Kirby in advance if this answer is wrong ;-; )
(08-15-2019, 03:24 PM)Online Sequencer Wrote: [ -> ][Image: avatar_2740.png?dateline=1556629097] 
Please Note! There are some qualifications that need to be met in order to join the committee. These qualifications are meant to ensure that any applications are genuine and that any users who apply will meet their obligations if chosen to be added. The qualifications are:
  • You must have a discord account (please include it in your application).
  • You must have had an account for at least 3 months.
  • You must have familiarity with Online Sequencer, but most importantly the chat and forum.
  • Name at least 5 usernames of people on this site that are not already found in this thread and that I know.
  • You must have a good standing with the OS community and its' staff.
  • You must be consistently active on this site.
I changed my application
App for Tutorial Commitee
---
You must have a discord account (please include it in your application). keithPlayzStuff#8239
You must have had an account for at least 3 months. yep
You must have familiarity with Online Sequencer, but most importantly the chat and forum. yep
Name at least 5 usernames of people on this site that are not already found in this thread and that I know. see below
You must have a good standing with the OS community and its' staff. uh...
You must be consistently active on this site. 70% guarantee
---
1. Jacob_
2. dcsm
3. Frank
4. Fox
5. adBot
none of these names were in this thread prior to this post, which of course contains them
EDIT: less cheeky names jic you weren't pleased with the above
6. Guest
7. Crimson
8. LucentTear
9. MisticSwe
-=-Tutorial Committee-=-

You must have a discord account. : Faffle#7649
You must have had an account for at least 3 months. : Almost 5 years Wink
You must have familiarity with Online Sequencer, but most importantly the chat and forum. : I sure do. Literally years of experience. I love the site and I want to see it go places.
Name at least 5 usernames of people on this site that are not already found in this thread and that I know. : UTComposer, Jonah, Wafels, modeltrain04, and Void
You must have a good standing with the OS community and its' staff. : I think I'm fairly well known. I friends with XStep, kirbyderp, foxcorn, and other staff members aswell.
You must be consistently active on this site. : You know it. I'm on this site way more often than I should

I really happy to help out, and keep makin' sequences! :D
Pages: 1 2 3