Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Video game music competition (with sort of a prize!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Do you have some original music you've created that would be perfect for a video game? Want people to hear your unique music as they battle enemies, explore a world, or talk to a certain character while listening to your musical creation? Here's your chance to shine!

I'm currently programming an indie RPG game right now, and it's very heavy on music. Even though I make all my music on my own at Online Sequencer, it's not enough, and I need your help!

I need some original music, whether it's battle music, world map music, sound effects and jingles, or something else related to video games. If you've made it, it's perfect! If you submit the permanent link to this thread and it works out for the game, you can get some things in return:

-Your name in the credits of the game your music is used in (please submit your first and last name if you want credit)
-Some custom made music in return (a music exchange)
-Any other deal you might want to make, my ears are always open to other people's suggestions!

If you want to help out, that would be extremely... well, helpful. It doesn't matter the style of the music, but it hast to be original (I have AHA-M to detect copyright music). If your music gets used, I'll notify you with all the details. Feel free to post as much as you'd like!

Oh, and lastly, the winner of the competition will get 1. a special thank you in the game, 2. your music will be used as the theme music and/or credits, AND 3. I'll be sure to add your name in the game as a reference. If any of this matters to you, I would highly suggest you submit something (even though it isn't that much...)

So who think's their music is best? Let's find out! P.S. If you're the only one to submit something, that does technically mean you are the winner!  Upside_down
Eric may want to help...

I have the Pencil Wizard series, but I can make stuff exactly like this quite easily
(09-10-2019, 08:40 PM)Sir_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Eric may want to help...

I have the Pencil Wizard series, but I can make stuff exactly like this quite easily
Ya, I saw your sequences, they're very impressive! If you want to send a new song or you already have a good one to send, I'd love to hear it!

Also, by implying the phrase "Eric may want to help", are you telling me your name is Eric or are you suggesting I contact someone named "Eric"? And how can I contact Eric?
Ok, consider me interested! I do need to know... Is it 8-bit? is it not? is it relaxed? or do you want more epic battle music? or a mix? please specify!

Edit: If it is 8-bit, I've actually been starting to make little loops like this one:
I can try this. I'm not in it to win it. I'll probably try it some time.
(09-11-2019, 02:24 PM)MasterMoes Wrote: [ -> ]

Ya, I saw your sequences, they're very impressive! If you want to send a new song or you already have a good one to send, I'd love to hear it!

Also, by implying the phrase "Eric may want to help", are you telling me your name is Eric or are you suggesting I contact someone named "Eric"? And how can I contact Eric?
Thank you! I haven't really any game type stuff yet, other than but I'll try to get a few made...

Eric is not me, but another user of the site. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC6MZEezMuioz4Ik5qAXpTzQ He has most good stuff on that website, and has stated that he would love for it to be in a game.
here's an overworld theme
(09-11-2019, 02:30 PM)Xtrouble835 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, consider me interested! I do need to know... Is it 8-bit? is it not? is it relaxed? or do you want more epic battle music? or a mix? please specify!

Edit: If it is 8-bit, I've actually been starting to make little loops like this one:
Any theme or atmosphere of music would work, and having an 8-bit feel would be cool! Any original music will work. Btw, I like the loop
Here is my piece of music.
(09-11-2019, 03:40 PM)Sir_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2019, 02:24 PM)MasterMoes Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you! I haven't really any game type stuff yet, other than but I'll try to get a few made...

Eric is not me, but another user of the site. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC6MZEezMuioz4Ik5qAXpTzQ He has most good stuff on that website, and has stated that he would love for it to be in a game.
This cave music is perfect! I think I'll use at as music when exploring the open world if not the theme song. I'll use the original version and I'll remix it myself with some piano and violin or something too. Excellent work!

Also, thanks for telling me about Eric  Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6