Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 2019 October Monthly Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: avatar_2740.png?dateline=1556629097] Hello Online Sequencer, it's the SPOOKY MONTH! That means it's time to announce the 2019 October Monthly Contest!
It's time to get your spooky on, but not in the way you might think! Instead of going for all out creepy music, make something more casual.....make trick-or-treating music!

General Information

The entry period is from 9/1 ~ 9/21 (11:59 PM EST) this time as it has started later. Winners will be announced on 9/30!

While we will post general notes on every contest, please refer to the Monthly Contest announcement thread for more details on Monthly Contests themselves.
  • Entry limit of 2 sequences per person.
  • Committee members are allowed to enter the contests, but will not enter their example sequence nor will they vote for their own entry.
  • Sequences made prior to the current Monthly Contest are allowed, although entering the same sequence in different Monthly Contests is not.
  • Making a remix of an existing song is allowed.
  • Editing an entry after the entry period is strictly prohibited and will result in that entry being disqualified.
  • Collaborations on entries are allowed, but any points that the piece might receive are divided up equally between the contributors.
  • The standard Online Sequencer Rules will apply and any entries violating a rule will automatically be disqualified.
I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Good luck to you all!

This is my world, now!

YOU CAN'T STOP ME MWAHAHAHA
If I may...

My first submission is Laura's Theme from Silent Hill 2. Not so chill, but not so creepy either.

My second submission is the main theme from the first Silent Hill. This one is much more creepy.
10/4
Alright, first entry is a cover, but my own arrangement to make it more symphonic and spooky.  Some outdoor noises, theremin-esque sine lead.

Some folks have expressed difficulty in getting my sequences to play, so uploaded here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ms6_UU7VcI
My first contribution... work in progress... Wink

My second contribution... work in progress... Angel

The Witch of the Woods: Inspired by walking down that long road to the creepy house down the overgrown path... and then having to flee!

The Kids are Getting Away: My second sequence is inspired by trying to chase after your damn kids as they run everywhere!

First submissions on this site, let me know if I did anything incorrectly!

posted due to recommendation to do so
a thing i guess

it fits

Pages: 1 2 3