Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Hello :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm not really new but i haven't been really active until now! i love so many of the sequences made by people here and they've inspired me to write more music myself.

if you have any tips for a beginner composer like me, like structure and generally coming up with stuff (i struggle with those haha) it would be greatly appreciated! 

thank you so much, 

(me)
(10-29-2019, 04:04 PM)yierqi Wrote: [ -> ]i'm not really new but i haven't been really active until now! i love so many of the sequences made by people here and they've inspired me to write more music myself.

if you have any tips for a beginner composer like me, like structure and generally coming up with stuff (i struggle with those haha) it would be greatly appreciated! 

thank you so much, 

(me)
Oh cool! I'd love to hear some of the things you have so far. And maybe this could inspire you?
(10-29-2019, 04:08 PM)sheep3000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2019, 04:04 PM)yierqi Wrote: [ -> ]i'm not really new but i haven't been really active until now! i love so many of the sequences made by people here and they've inspired me to write more music myself.

thank you so much, 

(me)
Oh cool! I'd love to hear some of the things you have so far. And maybe this could inspire you?

the stuff i have now is kinda bad ;u; but I really love what you wrote, it's amazing! how long did it take for you to write all of it??
(10-29-2019, 04:28 PM)yierqi Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you so much, 

(me)

the stuff i have now is kinda bad ;u; but I really love what you wrote, it's amazing! how long did it take for you to write all of it??
It took about a month.
(10-29-2019, 04:30 PM)sheep3000 Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you so much, 

(me)

It took about a month.
That's kinda crazy for me. How did you go about writing it?
(10-29-2019, 04:43 PM)yierqi Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you so much, 

(me)

It took about a month.
Hmm... I basically started with a melody. I didn't like it at first, so I changed it slightly until I did like it. Then I added more and did the same. Basically, play around with the notes until you get something you like. Then build on it.
(10-29-2019, 04:53 PM)sheep3000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2019, 04:08 PM)sheep3000 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh cool! I'd love to hear some of the things you have so far. And maybe this could inspire you?

It took about a month.
Hmm... I basically started with a melody. I didn't like it at first, so I changed it slightly until I did like it. Then I added more and did the same. Basically, play around with the notes until you get something you like. Then build on it.
That's interesting! When you're building on the melody, what does it look like when you're composing? 

Sorry for all the questions haha
(10-29-2019, 05:15 PM)yierqi Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2019, 04:28 PM)yierqi Wrote: [ -> ]the stuff i have now is kinda bad ;u; but I really love what you wrote, it's amazing! how long did it take for you to write all of it??
It took about a month.
That's interesting! When you're building on the melody, what does it look like when you're composing? 

Look like? Well, melodies can look like many things. One time we should collab on something so I can show you the ropes or something sometime. How does that sound?
(10-30-2019, 04:37 AM)sheep3000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2019, 05:15 PM)yierqi Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2019, 04:30 PM)sheep3000 Wrote: [ -> ]It took about a month.

Look like? Well, melodies can look like many things. One time we should collab on something so I can show you the ropes or something sometime. How does that sound?
That sounds great, thank you :D im giving what you suggested a try with some of the stuff im writing right now

thank you so much, 

(me)
Just learn a little music theory.

Chords that sound good are 1st, 4th, 5th, and Minor 6th. (I, IV, V, vi)

In C major, that'd be C major, F major, G major, and A minor.

Also, find some well paired instruments, like Koto, Slap Bass, Flute (with reverb), and Drum Kit can make an epic Arabian sound.

Hope this starts you off well.  Wink