Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Some ideas I have
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • Tempo changes. If you wanted part of a song to be at a different tempo than the rest, then you could press a button, select the section that you want to be a different tempo, and then enter the tempo.
  • Pitch bending. This should work kind of similar to BeepBox, you press a button that activates the pitch bending mode, and drag a note up or down to bend it.
  • Soundfont support. This would be cool because you could get some better instruments. For example, all of the string instruments have extremely low decays, meaning that the sound doesn't last long, which is bad for imported MIDI files that use long string notes.
  • Envelope editor. There would be a button that has some type of waveform, which you can edit to your heart's content.
There should be more note divisions too, like tuplets
first, the tempo isnt supposed to change in any program or any logical reason. thats useless considering you can use 1/16 to make your notes faster or 1/2 to make them slower.
second of all, pitch bending also shouldnt exist since it sounds honestly sounds bad if you use it for something like piano or harpsichord. besides, you can again, use the 1/16 grid to make your 8-bit notes shift pitch. its been done countless times and its not that hard smh
(05-23-2020, 08:11 PM)PuzzlePuddles Wrote: [ -> ]first, the tempo isnt supposed to change in any program or any logical reason. thats useless considering you can use 1/16 to make your notes faster or 1/2 to make them slower.
second of all, pitch bending also shouldnt exist since it sounds honestly sounds bad if you use it for something like piano or harpsichord. besides, you can again, use the 1/16 grid to make your 8-bit notes shift pitch. its been done countless times and its not that hard smh
You're an idiot.  Tempos change in a lot of pieces of music.  If anything gets added, this should be it.  It's not imperative, but it would give some freedom.

I mostly agree on the pitch bending part of your reply, though.
(05-23-2020, 08:54 PM)Benjobanjo7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2020, 08:11 PM)PuzzlePuddles Wrote: [ -> ]first, the tempo isnt supposed to change in any program or any logical reason. thats useless considering you can use 1/16 to make your notes faster or 1/2 to make them slower.
You're an idiot.  Tempos change in a lot of pieces of music.  If anything gets added, this should be it.  It's not imperative, but it would give some freedom.

I mostly agree on the pitch bending part of your reply, though.

I agree with benjo here, Puzzle. Except benjo's argument that you're an idiot.

But benjo is right, many pieces of music have purposeful, forced changes in tempo. And I also agree that tempo changes or tempo zones do seem to be a simple and effective way of manipulating music that seems to have a lot of potential to be added here on OS.

I personally often use Musescore to create midis that do this, as Musescore has built in tempo and tempo changing abilities, as well as dynamics, (crescendos, decrescendos), articulations, key changes, and many other things commonly seen in music composition.
(I personally like Musescore because it allows you to create sheet music while also producing the midi of the music as well, and the midi export also reflects all of the changes in tempo as well as the dynamics and articulations, as midis are indeed capable of doing such things).
(05-23-2020, 08:11 PM)PuzzlePuddles Wrote: [ -> ]first, the tempo isnt supposed to change in any program or any logical reason. 

compare verse and chorus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wljx0Cz9-c

Most programs let you change the tempo, and key signatures as many times as you want. Have you even used a professional software? haha
(05-23-2020, 08:00 PM)Arya1771 Wrote: [ -> ]There should be more note divisions too, like tuplets

This is possible with grid commands.

Open Console (Ctrl+shift+i in most browsers, I think)

type Grid=3
just don't..... pitch bend.... piano or harpsichord. imagine how friggin sick it would be to pitch bend 8-bit notes. you literal pimple