Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 3/4 timing please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ya know, for people trying to make soul, R&B and other stuff. Smile
any time signature is possible when you just ignore all the lines and get good at musician/programmers math
(03-04-2020, 05:24 PM)Aircube Wrote: [ -> ]Ya know, for people trying to make soul, R&B and other stuff. Smile
omg yes pls 3/4 time pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls plsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplspls
(03-05-2020, 09:53 AM)Ourobius Wrote: [ -> ]Just count the beats in 3/4. The grid lines aren't laws.

literally this, 3/4 isnt hard in the first place
The rhythm scheme is completely dependent on where you place the downbeat in the song. The grid cannot help you to do this.

The grid is divided into many large sixteen-note sections.
If you place a downbeat every sixteen notes, (skipping all four intermediate grid lines), then you are making a song that uses four-fourths, or common time.

If you instead place a downbeat every twelve notes, (skipping only three intermediate grid lines), then you are making a song that uses three-fourths time.
Using this system, a half note is still equal to eight note lengths, a quarter note is still equal to four note lengths, an eighth note is still equal to two grid lines, and so forth.
(This is based on 1 measure being sixteen grid blocks, not 1 measure equaling 4 grid blocks, which is also a way you could think of it. It's all just math and dividing a section into note lengths.)

Also note that you can place exactly four measures of 3/4 beats into exactly three measures of 4/4 grid lines.

I hope this helps.
Good luck.
You can alternatively type in "grid=3/4" into the command console (F12) as well. you have to zoom in and out to refresh the changes but that should work
(03-06-2020, 01:53 PM)Mr_Magicman2 Wrote: [ -> ]You can alternatively type in "grid=3/4" into the command console (F12) as well. you have to zoom in and out to refresh the changes but that should work

grid=3/4 is if you want triplets, the math is different for when you input it in console (not corresponding to actual time signature)

if you actually want a 3/4 time signature, the notes are already quarter notes by default so just use them in groups of 3 smh
(03-07-2020, 07:59 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2020, 01:53 PM)Mr_Magicman2 Wrote: [ -> ]You can alternatively type in "grid=3/4" into the command console (F12) as well. you have to zoom in and out to refresh the changes but that should work

grid=3/4 is if you want triplets, the math is different for when you input it in console (not corresponding to actual time signature)

if you actually want a 3/4 time signature, the notes are already quarter notes by default so just use them in groups of 3 smh
I've been doing it all wrong lmao thanks for that. I was just quoting another 3/4 post i saw
just search this forum, there are numerous posts how to add more time signatures to the grid
thank, we figured it out.