Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Fusion Collab Proposal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been sitting on this idea for over 2 months now. I've just been really slow at making the example sequence.....

Hello everyone! In an interest to try and get more events for Online Sequencer, I had the idea of maybe getting a fusion collab going. So, depending upon how well this goes over, we might make fusion collabs an official event! For all who are interested, I'll explain how this works.

The idea behind the fusion collab is that there is one central song, typically with 2-3 different sections. Then, each person will take a section, but style it in some completely unique way. In order to help explain what I mean, I've put together a bit of an example sequence to show you. This will be the sequence that will be used for this fusion collab test run.

In case you didn't realize, all of these melodies are based on the official Chocobo theme, and while I've based the different parts in that on official variations of that theme, you don't have you! You can style them in any way you want. Also to make things easier, I've made a sequence that just has the basic melody and accompaniment.

However, as you can tell by the example sequence I've made showing off some different styles, the basic melody and accompaniment is by no means something you need to copy down note for note in your style of the song. Now that I have the base sequence, I can also define the different sections. For this collab, there are 2 sections. These are the first 8 and last 8 measures of the base sequence, marked with the 2 different instruments.

Also, as a fun little addition to this collab, since most, if not all, chocobo variations are named "_____ de chocobo," where the blank is a simple word describing the piece, try and come up with your own 1-3 syllable word to name your section with. Please post "_____ de chocobo" (where the blank is the word you chose) next to the entry it belongs with, and make sure that your word hasn't already been taken by someone else! The name will be put in text using the bass instrument at the top of the sequence at the start of your section. The words already taken in the example piece are Intro, March, Retro, Samba, and Fiddle.

Anyways, with all that out of the way, let me explain how the rules of this shall work.

General Information
  • There is NO entry limit. You can make as many versions of as many sections as you want.
  • Each entry has to be in a unique style from what's already in the collab. Add some of your own flare to the song! That being said, the entry still must be clearly recognizable as one of the sections from the base song.
  • Collaborating with other users to make sections are allowed.
  • The collab will NOT have any of the volume sliders changed for obvious reasons. In order for your section to sound the best, you shouldn't make it with the volume sliders changed either. The tempo, delay, and reverb settings will also be standardized in the fusion collab.
  • Making a section in a different key is also not allowed. Any key changes that are done in the fusion collab will be officially coordinated.
  • The standard Online Sequencer Rules will apply and any entries violating a rule will automatically be disqualified.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Otherwise, I hope to see you participating!
<3

ooh no volume sliders? lemme fix that then
I must apologize, there is one thing I completely forgot to mention in the original post.

Because of the nature of this collab, the delay, reverb, and tempo also need to be standardized for each fusion collab. This does not necessarily mean that the delay and reverb will never be used, it just means that it needs to be either on or off for each instrument for all entries. In the case of this collab, delay and reverb will not be used for instruments and the tempo will be 150 bpm.

It's now been updated to fix this, and hopefully I'm not forgetting anything else.
Sounds good, Makin sumtin fo this
orchestra de Chocobo:
its modern de
Wait does layering count against the rule with the volume sliders? (which i changed, then quickly changed back bcs i noticed that wasnt allowed, so sorry if they arent exactly in the center.) I layered the epiano and flute so they could be heard over the 808 trap beats and the smooth synth.

edit: *wait