Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Have no clue where to take this, maybe y'all can help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[url=][/url]
I tried to make a pirate jig of sorts but I have no idea what to do with it. Any ideas? Criticism on what I have so far is also appreciated!
n o p e .
tyurn it into the minor scale then make a pirate boss fight music
Add bass
Yeah what crimson said.
It's a very good melodious pattern, now for the bass and countermelodies or accompaniment.
In addition to what the others said, I think you also need to be careful not to make the piece too repetitive.  I suspect you're trying to do a repeated buildup that leads into the rest of the piece (akin to, say, the Beatles' Hey Bulldog), which could be interesting, but you need to be careful. Some repetition is good, but repeating the same motif over and over will get very old very quickly (unless you're Maurice Ravel, that is), so it's probably best to change it up a bit.

I suppose what I'm trying to say here is that, following the initial buildup, you should attempt to build upon the original theme (maybe using other instruments?) instead of simply repeating the already-established motif again. Then again, it's your piece, so how you continue the piece is up to you.

(Also, I don't want to be that one guy who advertises their own pieces in the forums, but I went ahead and made a remix of the piece: . I hope the original poster doesn't mind too much.)

--NelS
update:

I had my take on this one as well.

Being a composer with a bad habit of copying and pasting, I have my own mechanics of repeating the same parts without making it AS boring.
Which is basically enriching the accompaniment, if put simply. But hey, it works. With this amount of buildup, I consider it ready for adding a new part.

Here's another example just in case.
The slow tempo and the increasing amount of instruments can also be used to create a creepy vibe, like this theme about walking in a cave.
I think you should repeat the main melody with a cool simple guitar melody or flute, and add some cymbals.