Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to set a template so I don't have to set it every time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the sequencer webpage bookmarked. Every time I visit the page, I go through the process of setting it to Grand Piano, C Major, highest volume.... Is there a way to "remember" such settings like a template so that I don't have to do it every time? Thanks in advance.

Also, why is the volume sometimes very low even though I didn't do anything to change it? Sometimes it becomes much lower from the middle in the second half of the composition.
cmm,
I like this idea of using templates.

As for the volume though, I'm not sure.
Is your computer volume too low? If you click the little speaker icon down in the corner (windows) or under system preferences (apple) you can find the master volume for your computer. If your computer volume is too low, then the notes might sound quieter than normal.

As for the notes changing volume throughout the sequence, they shouldn't be changing volume. Is the volume slider of the instrument changing by itself? (I've never seen that happen, but that is what it seems like you are describing.)

Also, here is something to note about the note volume: the "volume" of an instrument can increase if you stack the same instrument's notes on top of each other. So, if the notes are all of a sudden starting to be louder in one part of the sequence than they are in another part of the sequence, then you might have some notes stacked on top of each other. Sometimes, composers here use this to their advantage to make dynamics. I personally don't recommend doing this if you are going to download the sequence as a MIDI though.

I hope this helps you. Good luck.
(04-29-2020, 09:40 AM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]Also, here is something to note about the note volume: the "volume" of an instrument can increase if you stack the same instrument's notes on top of each other. So, if the notes are all of a sudden starting to be louder in one part of the sequence than they are in another part of the sequence, then you might have some notes stacked on top of each other.

Thank you, Firebolt! You solved my problem about the volume change. I just found out that indeed, sometimes I selected a part to copy, and for some reason I pasted without moving the cursor (maybe I forgot it), so it was pasted to where it copied from, and I was totally Unaware of this causing the notes being stacked on top of each other. It sounded much louder in that pasted part.

And thank you for liking the idea of templates!
Happy to help cmm!

Have a good day.
If you ever need any other help, feel free to post another forum post, or try going into the 'chat' tab. People are always willing to help you there too!

See ya around