Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Looking for moderators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The spam is getting out of hand. I swear, there had been something like two cases of one guy screaming profanity only TODAY.
(11-07-2015, 03:56 PM)JHXC Wrote: [ -> ]The spam is getting out of hand. I swear, there had been something like two cases of one guy screaming profanity only TODAY.

I second this. If it is possible to add chat moderators to mute/ban people that would be awesome. I was a mod on a minecraft server back in 2014 and gained tons of experience from that.

From this are some Suggestions for a new Chat Moderator Rank:

Rank Display. For example, a rank would be displayed in brackets before the name: <ChatMod> Username
The ability to mute/ban users or IPs for a certain time, using commands. Too many people are logging in anonymously to harass people on chat.
A complete chat reform. I suggest the usernames being automatic, so nobody can claim to be someone else.
An intelligent auto-moderation program for the chat. Prevent the user from sending messages too fast. Great spam eliminator.
A smart profanity filter. Automatically mute or ban the IP if there's an overuse of profanity. Also, I don't see this much, but add the ability to easily include additional words to a profanity blacklist on the fly. For example, many people s p a c e o u t the characters of a swear word, which usually passes through the swear filters.

I cannot think of anything else off of the top of my head, but each of these would make this forum a much better place.
So wait are there moderators right now or not? Because chat is...lovely right now.
(11-08-2015, 05:25 PM)owlbear_slayer Wrote: [ -> ]So wait are there moderators right now or not? Because chat is...lovely right now.

No, and also, I found out that many BB code usages are in chat... so people can spam size text, essentially making it worse.
You have to be logged in to chat now, and you can't change your username.
Great, thanks, I was thinking of a permanent username system.
Want me to help?
(12-12-2014, 07:40 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]You've probably noticed the recent increase in forum spam and people drawing inappropriate body parts on the sequencer. If anyone would like to volunteer to help clean up, reply here! It's not a commitment or anything, just gives you the ability to delete anything bad you come across. Smile

Heck, i may be a bit new here, but i definitely notice that people decide to add "Nasty Suprises" (Like people making blocks of notes together in such a way, that if played with headphones/earbuds, your ears will hurt for a while :dodgy: ) in some sequences. I believe that this website hosts a powerful tool, with musicians making beautiful song, but it does need people to help keep things tidy/safe. I would like to become a moderator, if there are still any open positions, so i could help keep this website great.
(12-12-2014, 07:40 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]You've probably noticed the recent increase in forum spam and people drawing inappropriate body parts on the sequencer. If anyone would like to volunteer to help clean up, reply here! It's not a commitment or anything, just gives you the ability to delete anything bad you come across. Smile

I'd like to help out clean up.

Hey, I may be a bit late, like REALLY late, but I am a 4 year veteran of OS, i would be willing to help!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8