Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Random Suggestions I thought of
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Disclaimer* if these already exist, I apologize. please ignore them]

LIKELIHOOD METER: 1- least likely to be implemented, 5- could be considered

1. Ability to add key signature changes, for example: switching from 100 bpm to 50 bpm in the middle of a song -- 3
2. Emotes (such as the ones from discord, but able to use free of charge as long as your linked or some other factor) -- 1
3. Github repository (may already exist, if so please let me know) -- 4
4. Expansion of Robo / AdBot commands -- 2
5. L I G H T   M O D E -- 6
6. Automatic IP checker for any new accounts made, will be matched with existing accounts to see if they are created under the same IP, therefore preventing the future creation of alts -- 2
7. A few more instruments (such as a timpani, choir voices, etc.) -- 1
8. Sustain modifier for all instruments. will constantly play instead of having a limited duration. (would be especially helpful for violins) -- 4
9. Chat-wide vote mute system (would only work if #6 was implemented) -- 1
10. a possible updated website design (IF THIS IS CONSIDERED I WOULD DRAW UP CONCEPTS) -- 1

If any of these interest you, please vote in the poll so that I can see which suggestions I can elaborate on.
*edit, yes i realize that i put two #2s in the poll. so sue me lmao.
"key signature changes" *proceeds to describe a tempo change*
(05-27-2020, 10:35 AM)Benjobanjo7 Wrote: [ -> ]"key signature changes" *proceeds to describe a tempo change*
*time signature changes xD
(05-27-2020, 10:37 AM)Xephorix Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2020, 10:35 AM)Benjobanjo7 Wrote: [ -> ]"key signature changes" *proceeds to describe a tempo change*
*time signature changes xD
time signature is still different from a tempo marking
FOR THE SKIES SAKE, NOO LIGHTMODE! PLEASE NO NO NOO
the tempo changing shouldnt be logically possible. one song has the same tempo during the entire song, if it were to change it would be complicated to understand what bpm it is and would be totally useless since we have 1/16 and 1/8 grid we dont need to slow down the songs
(05-27-2020, 10:41 AM)PuzzlePuddles Wrote: [ -> ]the tempo changing shouldnt be logically possible. one song has the same tempo during the entire song, if it were to change it would be complicated to understand what bpm it is and would be totally useless since we have 1/16 and 1/8 grid we dont need to slow down the songs
that is absolutely not true.  I don't even know how to explain this to you.  How can you not wrap your head around the underlying pulse of a sequence changing????
(05-27-2020, 10:42 AM)Benjobanjo7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2020, 10:41 AM)PuzzlePuddles Wrote: [ -> ]the tempo changing shouldnt be logically possible. one song has the same tempo during the entire song, if it were to change it would be complicated to understand what bpm it is and would be totally useless since we have 1/16 and 1/8 grid we dont need to slow down the songs
that is absolutely not true.  I don't even know how to explain this to you.  How can you not wrap your head around the underlying pulse of a sequence changing????
in the history of music-making there were no songs that change tempo. bpm changing is just for lazy people who dont want to using the 1/16 grids
(05-27-2020, 10:44 AM)PuzzlePuddles Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2020, 10:42 AM)Benjobanjo7 Wrote: [ -> ]
in the history of music-making there were no songs that change tempo. bpm changing is just for lazy people who dont want to using the 1/16 grids
Where are you getting this information? Anyone with any knowledge of music knows that tempos can and do change and not just get twice as fast or slow.
There is source code for some version of this site already up on github. I have no idea how current it is though. You can find the link to it in this thread: https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...hp?tid=426.

Also, robo and adbot aren't directly managed by jacob (at least as far as I know), and are instead managed by fox and Frank, respectively.
Pages: 1 2