Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: What I want (A few things) Prt 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OH F*CKIN' HELL, WHAT COULD LANCE WANT NOW HE'S SUCH AN UNGRATEFUL COMPOSER, HE WANTED DRUMS AND HE GOT 3 NEW DRUMS WHATEVER COULD HE WANT NOW?
Uh, yeah, about that. I have a "few" things that I want, that I'll separate into 4 different categories:

1. I don't really want this but it'd be a nice quality of life kinda thing

2. Things I kinda want and would be really cool to have

3. Things I'd love to have

4. Things that are more realistic but still worth enough for me to mention

SO, without further adieu, lez get ROI' INTO IT

CATEGORY ONE: 

A "likes/Dislikes" system. Very simple, and would help people know certain things. With views, we know how many people listened to our song, but with the likes/dislikes you'd know if people actually liked it. I don't know how hard it'd be to implement, but I assume it would be hard, especially if it effected the placing for sorting by popular. It would be cool to have but not at the top of my list.

A toggle-able noise notification for when a chat message is sent and you're not focused on that tab. It would be set to off by default and would work kinda like how discord does. Just another thing I thought was cool but not really something I really need, just more of a quality of life kinda thing.

CATEGORY TWO:

An Instrument layering system. Kind of like how photo editing programs have different layers you can create and toggle between. This one has quite a few things you'd have to consider. For example, is there a set amount of layers? Do you make the layers or are they already there? Where would they fit into the already kinda dense menu? A lot of this is up to the person who makes it but I'm gonna list some possible options that I'd take. Depending on whether or not it would lag the site when songs have layers, I would have a max amount or no max. If the layers are not created by the user, I'd provide anywhere from 5-20 layers. If they are created by the user, and it DOESN'T lag the site, I'd allow infinite layers to be created with a default of 1 layer. If they do cause lag, I would set the max layer amount anywhere from 5-20 depending on the amount of lag they cause. I feel like to fit into the menu, the layers wouldn't show by default as to not confuse new users, and would be hidden in the 3 dots that mark what used to be the "more tools" button. There would be a clickable button after the minor-Major, invert, and fast graphics buttons that puts a vertical bar about the width of the sequence windows (the things that happen when you do ##sequence-number) that would display the layers that are the same size as sequence windows and look like them. They would be labeled as layer one, layer two, so on. As an additional feature you could allow users to rename the layers to their liking. Along with these windows there would be some buttons at the top which would differ depending on whether you can create layers or not. These buttons would include "create new layer" "delete current layer" "show all layers" "hide all other layers" "All other layers 50% opacity" "next and previous layers 50% opacity" The first three should be self explanatory. "Hide all other layers" would cause all layers other than the currently selected one to not display their notes, and would also cause their notes to be un-editable. "All other layer 50% opacity" would be the same way except instead of being hidden the notes would be 50% transparent, but still un-editable. "Next and previous layers 50% opacity" would work exactly like the previous button but with just the next layer and previous layer. You could also add a system where you could mute certain layers or mute all layers minus one, stuff like that but that'd be a lot. Now what do you actually do with the layers? It would allow easier layering of instruments without having to worry about selecting notes that are behind other notes or notes that have been copied/pasted over one another. There are other uses but I'm sure you get the gist. When a user loads the sequence, all layers would be shown by default (if that sequence has layers). I might make some poorly made mock-up images to demonstrate my point. An additional feature that might be hard to implement would be effects on instruments for individual layers.

A copy/paste menu. This would be a button that when pressed opens up a text thing that allows you to paste copied things into it, up to 3-5 things, so that you can copy more than one thing at a time. The text box thing would open up similar to chat and could move around like chat too. It's only save locally, so if you go to another tab or refresh the page, everything in the text box will be reset. This Button would also be in the drop down menu with invert and fast graphics. This may not seem very useful, but, trust me, I've needed things like this from time to time.
This took too long to read. Probably took a year to write.
tldr
(05-31-2020, 08:36 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]tldr
don't worry I'll make one once I'm done
I think a mute/solo would be more effective than this 'layers' thing.

My phone has a clip tray where it holds various copied items, but sadly I cannog do this website on my phone.

Likes and dislikes would be a bad idea, you will have people just asking for likes. It wouldn't be so bad if people were less... Like that.

Noise notification is bad
Still in category 2:

A way to receive a notification when someone comments on your sequence

Better forum UI, I still don't know how to make a poll

CATEGORY THREE:

Cinematic drums. I wanna make song that go THUMP BOOM CRASH without having instruments layered to the moon and back

Trumpets, harsh brass, more brass in general. We have great brass now, but french horn is too weak/watered down for me (I was a french horn player for 3 years so I know what a loud harsh french horn sounds like and I want that in my songs) You can get close to a harsher brass sound by layering smooth synth on french horn/trombone but that only does so much. Also trumpets would allow a higher pitched brass. Just like violin is like a higher pitched cello, trumpet would be like a higher french horn/trombone.

Make the cello louder by default please.

CATEGORY FOUR:

I ran out of ideas lol

TL;DR:

Like button, chat noises, note layers like image layers in photo editing programs, copy paste menu, comment notifications, better forum UI, Cinematic drum set, harsher versions of current brass, trumpets, and louder cello. This was my ted talk thanks for reading.
(05-31-2020, 08:38 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Likes and dislikes would be a bad idea, you will have people just asking for likes. It wouldn't be so bad if people were less... Like that.
True, but it'd still be nice to have.
(05-31-2020, 08:38 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Noise notification is bad
It would be off by default