Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: music help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
dear OS,
I'm planning to make a game, but I'm getting artist's block with my songs, and can't put the right tune for my songs. i would like help to make songs for my bosses and some ordinary themes. its a lot of trouble for me alone to make hundreds of themes, so most of anything will do.
if you contribute, i will list you in the official Dev credits and will put an Easter egg/reference in the game.

the themes are a laboratory where you are going through tests, an abandoned laboratory where only a handful of people survived, a apocalyptic time break where multiple time periods clash(ex: Jurassic, 1980's, etc.) and a overgrown laboratory with a multitude of AI.

the theme is that you are a clone in the year 37xx. AI has been perfected, however cloning so far has been impossible. however, you are the first successful clone ever made. the scientists put you through a handful of tests, and you go through them, compliant. however, you start developing emotions and feelings, as you can see memories that you know are not yours. the emotions keep pushing there way into your mind, until you collapse for no reason. [nothing between here because it would be an important spoiler.] you wake up and find the facility to be empty, yet the emotions keep swarming inside your head. eventually, from the carelessness of others, time collapses and a new era begins, the era of collapse. time has been reversed, sped up and frozen at the same time, so there are people and creatures from different eras of time. eventually, you learn the one way to stop it is back in the lab. you go back, only to find it has been taken over by the sentient AI. you navigate your way through and stop the time fracture, however the AI is intelligent enough to have found a way to stay. you make your way to the final boss, who [redacted for spoilers], which leads to the original dying. you run through large tests and chase the AI, and eventually make a clone of yourself. however,[redacted].
(06-02-2020, 05:00 PM)a Wrote: [ -> ]dear OS,
I'm planning to make a game, but I'm getting artist's block with my songs, and can't put the right tune for my songs. i would like help to make songs for my bosses and some ordinary themes. its a lot of trouble for me alone to make hundreds of themes, so most of anything will do.
if you contribute, i will list you in the official Dev credits and will put an Easter egg/reference in the game.

the themes are a laboratory where you are going through tests, an abandoned laboratory where only a handful of people survived, a apocalyptic time break where multiple time periods clash(ex: Jurassic, 1980's, etc.) and a overgrown laboratory with a multitude of AI.
make sure that you select a key for your song if you cant seem to make a song without it, it helps, also, layering instruments while haviing reverb on some of them can make new interesting sounds. also make sure to keep the melody mostly in one octave, or when the melody starts to sound different and you need it to be a different pitch, go a octave higher or below, although these are just suggestions, they do help. also, make sure to try lmms when making songs and get some sound fonts too, lmms in y opinion is better than online sequencer with sounds, thou online sequencer is more user friendly
Does the user retain all rights to his/her creative works?
If you charge money for this game, will those who contribute more than 5 songs be eligible for compensation?
How long will development take before a public beta is released?
i will also be happy to controbute with the music
(06-02-2020, 05:20 PM)Alex! Wrote: [ -> ]Does the user retain all rights to his/her creative works?
If you charge money for this game, will those who contribute more than 5 songs be eligible for compensation?
How long will development take before a public beta is released?
the user retains all right to his/her creative works, including secession of the alleged works back to the creator even after the game is released.
i will not charge money for the game, however after the game is released there will be a paid multiplayer version coming out.
there is no ETA on a public beta at this moment, i will notify you when it comes out.
Feel free to use my stuff, as long as you abide by the Be Cool licensing agreement here: https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...9#pid21099
Oh! Wink
(06-03-2020, 06:02 AM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! Wink
??????
what do you mean by that???
(06-04-2020, 03:08 PM)a Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean by that???
it's just Mystics way of saying "oh i hope you get the help you need, kiddo Smile".
Pages: 1 2