Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Been a while since I've been here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sounds like there are some new sounds since I last visited. My Let It Go sounds a lot better with this smoother electric guitar and the piano has been made less harsh too, I think.

Also, if anyone has the ability to change my username to Qwertygiy, that'd be great. The people I was going incognito from are long gone from this forum, haha.
(01-04-2015, 03:11 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like there are some new sounds since I last visited. My Let It Go sounds a lot better with this smoother electric guitar and the piano has been made less harsh too, I think.

Also, if anyone has the ability to change my username to Qwertygiy, that'd be great. The people I was going incognito from are long gone from this forum, haha.
Welcome back! I changed your name, I probably shouldn't have just copied everything from the Vexillum site.
Thanks! It's so much easier to reuse databases though, isn't it? Tounge
Holy necrobump, Batman!

It's been so long now that I, uh... no longer have access to that email address... and have completely forgotten the password. Whoops.

Awesome to see that this place is still going strong some eight years down the line! Hard to believe it was over a decade ago, now, that I first logged onto Buildism... man, that place felt like it was around for a lot longer than a year and a half.
Wow welcome back
To answer your question in chat -- since I'm on the new user delay and must wait 24 hours after "regsitering" -- Buildism was dead by 2013, unfortunately Sad It had been renamed 2DWorlds for a while, but eventually it became one of those Ctulhu-code things where it became a giant sprawling mess that didn't work anymore. Although I can't remember if it was the Java end or the PHP end that performed the killing blow...

But in 2011 and 2012, man, I pretty much lived there. It was basically my first real internet community, and introduced me to most of the software I've used since, like Audacity, LMMS, GitHub, even Minecraft. Had something like 6,000 posts across two accounts in those forums.

OnlineSequencer in 2013, on the other hand... you couldn't make note lengths, and at first you couldn't import MIDI, either. Piano was the only instrument at the very start, but then there was acoustic guitar, electric guitar, drums, electric piano, and... something else. Can't remember what the last one or two were. It's been a while, of course.
hi welcome back to the site. chat is hell please spare yourself but otherwise everything is better than ever
You underestimate the power of my nonsense.

But yes it's great to see everything still going, and I've stayed up many more hours than I intended to catching up with old Buildism buddies on Discord in an impromptu ten year reunion. Closest thing I'll ever have to a high school homecoming!
(02-26-2021, 01:19 AM)Qwertygiy Wrote: [ -> ]You underestimate the power of my nonsense.

But yes it's great to see everything still going, and I've stayed up many more hours than I intended to catching up with old Buildism buddies on Discord in an impromptu ten year reunion. Closest thing I'll ever have to a high school homecoming!
Hi Qwerty! I'm Leonartist.

Buildism reunions > high school reunions.