Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Contest I
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Overview
In this contest, contestants create a song based on the conditions given by the host. After the submission deadline, the participants score each song. In other words, the winner is determined by the contestants themselves—the host has no bearing on who wins.

List of participants:
  1. Stepson
  2. Fortysevens
  3. The FIAS
The final scores can be viewed here.

Scoring
SCORING RULES
  • The deadline for scores is Sunday, February 1, 11:59:59 PM EST
    • Click here for a timezone conversion
    • I might extend the scoring period if it's too short
  • Listen to each submission. Give each song a rating from 0 to 100 points
    • A score of 0 is the worst; a score of 50 is average; a score of 100 is the best
    • Try to listen to each song fully, and think about your scoring carefully
    • Do not give your own song a rating; it will be ignored
  • Scores must be PMed to me
    • Scores are anonymous, but you can reveal your song ratings if you want to
    • If you give a song a low rating, you will need to explain why you chose to score the song that way
      It doesn't need to be extremely detailed, but it needs to be reasonable
    • You may resubmit your scores as long as it is done before the deadline
  • When you PM me, format your message like this:

Quote:Name of Song 1: (your score)
    (if you give a low rating, put your explanation here)

Name of Song 2: (your score)
    (explanation...)

Name of Song 3: (your score)
    (explanation...)

...and so on...

SUBMISSIONS
  1. [url=]Stepson - Contest 1[/url]
  2. [url=]Untitled[/url]
  3. [url=]In Finem[/url]
Song Creation Rules
The song creation phase of the contest has ended. This section is here just for archiving purposes, I guess

SONG RULES
  • For Contest I, you are to create anything you'd like (consider this a test run)
    • It can be an original piece, a reproduction of another song, or possibly a blatant copy of some other sequence
    • Consider that originality may affect how other contestants score your submission, though Cool
  • Your submission must be based on [url=]this blank sequence[/url]
    • If there are multiple versions of your song, then the final version of your submission should trace back to the original, blank sequence
    • You may remove the single note in the original sequence
  • The song can be any length
  • You may change the BPM
  • You may rename the sequence
SUBMISSION RULES
  • The deadline is Friday, January 23, 11:59:59 PM EST
    • Click here for a timezone conversion
    • I'm probably going to be really lenient for late submissions, though
  • Your song must be submitted by PMing me
  • You may resubmit your song as long as it is done before the deadline
  • Submissions are anonymous: nobody will know who made what (except me) unless you choose to reveal yourself as the author of your sequence
(01-09-2015, 06:34 AM)Lempillsk Wrote: [ -> ][size=large]To Fortysevens:
  • If there are multiple versions of your song, then the final version of your submission should trace back to the original, blank sequence

i dont understand this
(01-09-2015, 11:31 AM)Stepson Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2015, 06:34 AM)Lempillsk Wrote: [ -> ][size=large]To Fortysevens:

i dont understand this

So we don't steal and base it off another sequence. Basically it's to trace back to that note so he knows you don't cheat.
I turned PMing on.
(01-09-2015, 11:31 AM)Stepson Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2015, 06:34 AM)Lempillsk Wrote: [ -> ]If there are multiple versions of your song, then the final version of your submission should trace back to the original, blank sequence
i dont understand this

[Image: b.jpg]

People will probably save multiple versions of their songs. Because of this, the final version will not be directly based on [url=]this sequence[/url].

The site shows how sequences are related to each other, as seen in the picture. If I click the "based on #..." links, I want to see that your sequence is related to [url=]this sequence[/url], indirectly or directly

Tell me if you're still confused, because I'm bad at explaining things Huh

I need to clear up confusion as much as possible

(01-09-2015, 12:24 PM)ParaSpider Wrote: [ -> ]So we don't steal and base it off another sequence. Basically it's to trace back to that note so he knows you don't cheat.

This is correct

...also, I could be reading too much into this, but by saying "we", you seem to be implying that you're participating in this contest? Are you?

(01-09-2015, 04:22 PM)Fortysevens Wrote: [ -> ]I turned PMing on.

Acknowledged
Is it fine to do a song I was already working on?
(01-10-2015, 10:44 AM)Fortysevens Wrote: [ -> ]Is it fine to do a song I was already working on?

Technically yes

The only thing that's stopping you is that the song needs to be based on the sequence that I provided. This would mean that you'd have to manually recreate the song (I think).
Postin here to remind you that the submission deadline is next week, and that this contest isn't completely ded
(01-16-2015, 12:09 PM)Lempillsk Wrote: [ -> ]Postin here to remind you that the submission deadline is next week, and that this contest isn't completely ded

Now ain't that a pessimistic thought :\
Added the scoring rules to the OP
Pages: 1 2