Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Updated or New GitHub Repository
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've considered starting work on an updated repository to archive OS' source code / bots. Could possibly be used as a replacement for the #programming channel on discord. would not be used as a replacement for glitch.io, although it could be used to host some of glitch.io's OS beta source code (maybe under a separate branch.

While this is all hypothetical and just a suggestion, I believe that an organized area for moderators, the maintenance team, and other interested users to collaborate and be able to view and respond to suggestions and pull requests.

If I were to start this I need permission from the developers / owners (especially Jacob), as they ultimately decide how the code is shared and used.

Feel free to ask any questions as I might have not have very well explained what I have in mind.
Robo is owned by me and all related code is archived and maintained by me. The #programming channel on the Discord server is for fellow programmers in the OS community to share their projects/ask for help, not really for working on the website itself. I believe Jacob frequently updates the GitLab repository for OS, so there really isn't any reason to make a new GitHub repository. And, since Jacob is the only one who actively works on the site itself, I wouldn't assume he needed to reorganize. Glitch is a separate node.js development tool that I use to develop Robo and it is completely unrelated to the site.
Like Fox said, there's a gitlab already, the only way for me to deploy code to the server is to push it to gitlab first so it's always up to date. It's not public just because I don't want to deal with a million people asking how to get the code to run. I can give you read access if you'd like to check it out.
(07-11-2020, 09:04 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]Like Fox said, there's a gitlab already, the only way for me to deploy code to the server is to push it to gitlab first so it's always up to date. It's not public just because I don't want to deal with a million people asking how to get the code to run. I can give you read access if you'd like to check it out.

Alright I understand. Also I will gladly take you up on your offer for read access. Thanks.
Are there any licenses on the code for the Robo and the website? Not particularily the sequences but the sequencer itself?
(07-13-2020, 12:18 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any licenses on the code for the Robo and the website? Not particularily the sequences but the sequencer itself?

I did some digging into the source code and website for anything about the licensing but I couldn't find anything. Although I'm sure that a license exists somewhere.
Its not licensed perhaps look at a CC license