Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: help me learn new hobbies while im inside
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
binge the Hermitcraft series
this might sound weird but you can make learning itself a hobby! for example, I used to know nothing about how to compose a good paper, and with writing help from professionals, I've learnt a lot of new information regarding this topic. it was the moment that made me realized how much I enjoyed the sole purpose of learning something. ever since, I try to enroll in new courses as often as possible.
mfw the bots responded to the right thread
learn to code
choose a language, like c++ or visual basic, or try out html css and javascript. You can use a student version of Microsoft's Visual Studio, or even just use notepad and rename your files .cpp (c++), or .vb (visual basic) or .html (html) and .ccs (css), and .js (javascript).

if (smart) {
coding_is_easy = true;
coding_is_fun = true;
} else {
coding_is_fun = false;
//notice that coding is still easy
}
And upon learning to code, become video game developer

your first game should probably be as complicated as a pong clone. Such a simple game right? well, let me list all of the things that it took to make pong:

- 2 paddles, one controlled by an ai and both cant go off the screen
- a way to control one paddle with the arrow keys
- a ball that will not fly out of the screen and will bounce off the paddles
- when the ball misses the paddle, it will disappear, add a point to the score, and reappear at the center of the screen,flying in a random direction
- also an entire way to keep score and when one paddle (ai or human) gains enough points, it will win.
- (optional) the ball will gain velocity every time it gets hit.
(sorry if i missed anything :/)

from there you will be able to code bigger and better games, until you can make the next RuneScape or Minecraft!
That plus learning to code should bring you through quarantine!
btw ima nerd out here,
(08-05-2020, 10:53 AM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]if (smart) {
coding_is_easy = true;
coding_is_fun = true;
} else {
coding_is_fun = false;
//notice that coding is still easy
}
this in python is:

coding_is_easy = True
if smart == True:
    coding_is_fun = True
else:
    coding_is_fun = False
    #notice coding is still easy
    #also notice that i'm a nerd/geek and had to post this lol
sorry i'm supposed to be posting hobbies lol

you'll know that Python script once you start learning to codeWink
I think he is writing an analytical report, which to be honest I hate a lot. Writing has always gave me headaches, but writing an analytical report gave me more. Besides this, I make many grammar mistakes and I always use an editing college essay service which corrects it and change some sentences if it is necessary. I really hope that one day I will able to write a perfect essay from the first try. Wish me good luck!
why do all of u have hobbies
i thought this website was our existence
you can try to learn how the stuff you use works. become handy.
you can also have a bigger goal to constantly strive toward. that in it of itself is a challenge.
you can also do both. learn related skills in a field and then become handy in a certain field of work.
exercise is also pretty important for your general health. typically, it's easiest to join something like a dojo or club or team, but this thread is for quarantine ig, so if you exercise by yourself , i recommend getting some sort of app to track your workouts or progress. my uncle convinced me to use this one by under armor called MapMyRun. it tracks more than running though, i think. ik strava is really good for running/cycling. pretty sure you can connect your gps watch (if you have one) to it. if you do get an app, i would stay away from the social aspects of the app and purely use it to track your stuff and maybe a friend or family member. ik MapMyRun works kinda like social media, and stuff like that can easily get conflated.
if you don't want to track cardio, there's an app called strong for weightlifting if you want to get into that. it's very straightforward.
meditation is also a cool habit to get into. i would download the medito app on your phone if you're just getting into it. the app will guide you through everything, it's really nice. the purpose of meditation is kinda up to you, but ik a lotta people do it to train their mindfulness.
journaling is also a good practice to pick up. writing down your thoughts is a good for learning about yourself and also helps with mindfulness. you can probably think of different ways to journal. i personally like to type stuff so i'll use word documents (because i bought the Microsoft office bundle or whatever, google docs n stuff should work just as well.)
Pages: 1 2 3