Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Looking for Icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to replace the instrument menu with a row of icons for each instrument, like the toolbar at the top is now. The only problem is that it's difficult to find a set of icons that is free to use, has all of the necessary instruments with a consistent style, and looks good when scaled down to 16x16px. If anyone can find/make some icons like that I'd love to use them. Smile

These are the closest I've found: http://www.flaticon.com/free-icons/music...ment_30162
The only problem is that some of them like the synthesizer and acoustic guitar are a little too detailed, so they look like fuzzy blobs when scaled to the appropriate size. There will be tooltips like the other toolbar so it doesn't matter if you can't tell for sure what each instrument is, but it should be as clear as possible.
is this still a thing u want lmao
Not sure if this is still agreat thing to add, the colour coding does its job well and adding thismay clutter UI a bit
It might be cool though, if what he's suggesting is adding a window that you can show/hide that would essentially be a toolbar like in many paint/photoshop programs. Toolbars usually show you different mouse functions (like paintbrush/paint bucket/gradient/wand/selection tools/line tools/shape tools/etc).
Here on OS I think it would make sense to have a toolbar like that for the instruments.
this is a thread from 2015