Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 2020 September Monthly Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Guess who's back!

Lamentation is a fun little piece; half of it was written on like day two of the contest and the other half was written yesterday and I bet you can tell exactly where the changed happened. It starts out bleak, then there is a brief spot of hope which gets crushed pretty hard. At this point it probably isn't a Pricerocks song if there isn't a section with eguitar/sawtooth going ham in the lower register. Please enjoy!

With this, I am trying to be original in the sad sound, instead of opting for generic sadness. There are a few emotions used in the song to provide contrast and tell a story. Also I have made the song rather dark sounding, perhaps a little spooky. This is perhaps a state of disbelief for the character in the song. Feel free to interpret it as you wish (also tellme about your interpretations, I am interested to hear what others think I am trying to express)

Some sad songs (not specific to OS) like to just say 'I'm sad' or 'this is sad'. This is fine, but I feel some songs can hit harder when I make a story that shows the cycle of sadness and anger and hopelessness that consumes you after a tragic event. I think a good example of this is Opeth's "Serenity Painted Death." It shows a cycle of a few different emotions that make up its distinctive and specific mood. This concept is what I tried to use in this contest entry.

This one as a song is not very sad, but why I am entering it is for the sad message it represents in modern humanity
under pressure by Lopyt, I enter this short bit.
I hope this is good enough
Geez why do all the OS users that don't suck have to enter
(09-21-2020, 04:27 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Geez why do all the OS users that don't suck have to enter
Yeah why does everyone keep robbing the chance to get a place in the contests from me?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6