Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: General editor improvements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a composer of midi, there are a few features i would like to suggest to improve the editing tools.

1. instrument toggling

2.reassigning instruments

3. Stop hiding instruments

1. instrument toggling

The ability to toggle instrument visibility and edit-ability would allow composers to edit multiple
 instruments that overlap without fear of breaking other instruments. Say in the event you want 
to delete a note in a place where other instruments have a note, the could simply toggle off 
other instruments until you had the one you wanted to remove. So, you could delete a note 
without fear of deleting 3 more because you held right click down for more than 16 milliseconds.

2. reassigning instruments

Say, you wanted to reassign notes on one instrument to another instrument. Perhaps
give an option to take the notes assigned to one instrument and assign them to another 
instrument without needing to awkwardly select around the other instrument you don't 
want to modify. Though, the need for this feature could be mitigated slightly by the inclusion 
of the first suggestion.

3. stop hiding instruments

as shown in Lucent's guide to online sequencer (the one you linked on 9-3-2020) the guide
demonstrate that there are hidden instruments in online sequencer that require using things
that the (i don't like using this word) normies might not even be aware of. So i would suggest
making these instruments accessible in the normal menu like the rest of the instruments so that
the normies can use them as i see no good reason to hide them.
dude literally use the site for like 15 more minutes and you'll figure that you can actually do these things already
#1: open the instrument options menu , click the lock icon.
#2: selecting another instrument will change the selected notes. You might find the "highlight this one" button useful.
all of these are already in OS, the lock sprite next to all of the instruments when you press the button that is the 2nd over to the select instruments button, it should say show options, and you can lock as many instruments as you want, or as little as you want and you will be able to do all of these things
okay. thanks.