Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Esperanza - Introduction but I'm a year late
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyo! I've been putting off doing this for reasons unknown even to myself. However, at the time of posting, it has been exactly one year since I created my Online Sequencer account, so this feels like the best time to introduce myself properly.

So, I'm Esperanza. Despite the name, I'm actually a teenage boy from northern England. At the time of posting, I'm 17 years old, and about to start my second and final year of college, hoping to get into university next year. I'm alright at sounding smart whenever I want to, but in reality I am the definition of the word "airhead".

I discovered Online Sequencer in 2018, while I was looking for sites where I could make music, and I eventually registered on 13 September 2019. I prefer Online Sequencer over any other sequencers or DAWs I have come across so far, since despite having limited tools to work with, there are a lot of different things you can do with the tools you are given on OS. It's good for making loops, but it's also good, even better imo, for making full-length instrumental pieces.

While we're still on the topic of music, I like all sorts of different music, mostly 70s, 80s and 90s stuff but I do listen to more recent music too. I can't really nail my musical tastes down to any particular genre so I'll just list some of the groups/singers I listen to:
Depeche Mode, New Order, Bee Gees (Robin Gibb), Pet Shop Boys, Soda Stereo, Los Enanitos Verdes, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Phil Collins, Duran Duran, KC and the Sunshine Band, Mar de Copas, Virus, Charly Garcia, Two Door Cinema Club, Double, Los Piojos, Kraftwerk, Sam Fender, Twin Atlantic, Weyes Blood, Asia, ONE OK ROCK, La Vida Boheme, Caifanes, Diana Ross, Alphaville, Foals, Toshiki Kadomatsu, Django Django, Concrete Blonde, Madeon.

I do pop into chat sometimes, but I'm not always super active since I can be quite shy. I may not be the funniest character in chat, but I try my best to just be a decent person. Well, as long as I have not been corrupted lol

As for my music-making abilities, I am not an expert at composing on OS. I've been able to pick up quite a bit since I joined, and I believe my original pieces have improved as I have gone on, however I still have plenty to learn.
Welcome, Esperanza! I hope you enjoy Online Sequencer!

I haven't used any of the tools on Online Sequencer, but this website is great and so is it's community! I like (at least some of) those groups/singers myself!
Hi! Nice to meet you
Idk what this site is, I just made an account, so, hi, I guess.
Hi I'm new, I've seen some of your posts, but I didn't know.  I just want to ask if you're popular on this site.  Hope you have a nice day! Upside_down This is for BuildistGuard.