Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Do any of you like math?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I love math. I use math everyday at work, but thats the boring kinda of math. I like thinking about the abstract with math. I just have fun playing around with numbers honestly. Graham's number is my all time favortie number. Its a really really really big number. I coulnd't even type it out. I cound't even write an equation to get to the number, its that big.
I love math. My favorite course was Calculus. Too bad I didn't get to take anything higher than Calc 1 :( .
(09-26-2020, 08:05 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]I love math. My favorite course was Calculus. Too bad I didn't get to take anything higher than Calc 1 Sad .
If you did Calc II, you would probably hate that class. It felt like a bunch of frivolous integrations that were hard for the sake of being hard. I liked Calc III though.
Math is great. In calc BC rn.
I used to hate math and funny story I actually had to take an extra year at my institute to finish off my math exams that I failed on the first year.

I had nothing visual to compare it to until I started programming more advanced stuff and found an interest with creating shaders (Raymarching) on a webGL website which uses GLSL language (C language). I am of course talking about Shadertoy. I've also done a few engines of my own using Python for math purposes.

You have to make your own 3D engine for every project, well not necessarily if you just to do 2D raymarching.
People make amazing stuff with it using pure math, and so that's what I've learnt to do, although mine aren't that advanced; here are my few examples of what I've done:

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/WlBfRR
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/WlsfDs

I've also started doing other stuff which involves math in other platforms that are similar to Unity weather it be 2D space calculations or in 3D space, I find a certain satisfaction in calculating and making a 3D object rotate or face another object, morph or do something funny.

I hated math in school because you couldn't apply it with anything.
I still hate doing math that has no real use to me.
I love math. All I hate is writing an essay assignment because I don't have the brain to write 500 words essay. Because of this, I don't like to write an essay. That is why I found my solution with the help of https://britishessays.net/uk-edubirdie-com-review/ this website. Now, I don't need to take headaches to write an essay and can do my other things. Because my parents won't allow me to play games online with my friends until I complete all the remaining assignments. But when it comes about math, I can easily do all the assignments on my own.
(09-25-2020, 10:28 PM)Soothsayer13 Wrote: [ -> ]I love math. I use math everyday at work, but thats the boring kinda of math. I like thinking about the abstract with math. I just have fun playing around with numbers honestly. Graham's number is my all time favortie number. Its a really really really big number. I coulnd't even type it out. I cound't even write an equation to get to the number, its that big.

Hey! Grahams number is the length of my dick!
(09-25-2020, 10:28 PM)Soothsayer13 Wrote: [ -> ]I love math. I use math everyday at work, but thats the boring kinda of math. I like thinking about the abstract with math. I just have fun playing around with numbers honestly. Graham's number is my all time favortie number. Its a really really really big number. I coulnd't even type it out. I cound't even write an equation to get to the number, its that big.

***** YEAH MATH IS COOL B]

math is like a puzzle when you know what you're looking at, like playing minesweeper
Math is fun until you do it for a while and then It gets boring.
Pages: 1 2 3