Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Modernization 'speedrun'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As an experiment, say you gather a group of 50 - 100 volunteers to create a modern village in a reasonably sized plot of land from scratch. How long do you think this would take? How capable is the human race?

The goal is to set up a village of homes relatively modern, with electricity, running water, heating, and plumbing, all the necessities of modern life, from complete scratch. Also some basic electrical devices such as a vacuum cleaner. No tools are provided. Everything will have to come from the land

Unlike history as we know it, in this experiment, the people involved will already know the goal, and have the rough knowlege on how all these things work. This means technology should come at a much more rapid rate. Also the absense of military technology will make more rapid the rate of technological growth.

How long do you think it will take?
1, you misspelled long

2, i believe this will take thousands of years maybe even tens of thousands, this would be because 50-100 humans picked randomly will most likely not have a engineer, a miner, a designer, electrical worker etc,  for the combined knowledge on how to get all materials from scratch and make it into todays society, if you had all those jobs in 50-100 humans then i could see it in no less than 400 years
Why do you think it would take that long?
(09-19-2020, 08:24 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you think it would take that long?
try reading what i said lol
I did, it shouldn't take that long, even without the engineers, I did say they have tge rough knowledge of how stuff is made though