Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Please refrain from excessively brooding in the chat + moderator apology.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure if this should be an explicit rule in the thread that Jacob updated today, but I feel it's best to discuss this problem in a separate thread.

While Online Sequencer is a great platform for making friends and establishing close relationships with them, please understand that this is a music-making site and that music should come first in the discussion.

I get that life can feel like it's out of your control and that you need friends to talk in order to overcome your problems. In the future, I recommend discussing these in private with another person through the chat whisper command (@name) or by using Forum PMs.

Do not make a habit of announcing your problems in public. While I hope you guys find supportive people on here, relaying your problems in public obligates everyone to respond to what you say. This causes a lot of unneeded tension between people who want to be helpful and people who would rather discuss something else.

I'd also like to make a formal apology on my behalf as a moderator. What's important to know is that people undergo different experiences to make them who they are now.

Understandably, not everyone can agree with the way I interact with others, but please don't take this personally. Many people (including me) don't have a lot of emotional patience and have different viewpoints on how to tackle a situation in real life.

At the end of the day, the moderators lean towards handling situations as efficiently as possible, even if it's unfair. It's ultimately our job to keep the chat as usable as possible and there are times that it's difficult to do this in a diplomatic fashion. Moving forward, I hope we can respect each other a little bit more and keep OS a realistic place.

Happy sequencing.
This site is about making music and discuss music. It should not be hard to understand.
Maybe there should be one chat for trash and a serious chat about the music we do.
"Understandably, not everyone can agree with the way I interact with others, but please don't take this personally. Many people (including me) don't have a lot of emotional patience and have different viewpoints on how to tackle a situation in real life."

I'm an owner of a discord server, and I try my best to be consoling when I have to. But experiences like being consistently guilt-tripped in a place CLEARLY not meant for it just shrinks my thoughts on how much of a f-ck I should give. And this is a music site, not a therapist organization. How many times have we had to reiterate that? Too many f-ckin' times to count, if I remember correctly.

And what sucks more is when we give the suggestions and help, 75% of the time, the people who are going on about their sad ass life ignore that sh-t and continue moping about their problems instead of actually doing anything to fix it. Let me be clear on something : I didn't ask about your personal life, and if I ever do, it's very unlikely I'll ask about your health. The more that people pull this sh-t, the less of a f-ck I could give about you. So I'm putting this out here, regardless of how "b-tchy" and insensitive I sound. Don't come to OS chat for venting. Go see an actual f-cking professional.
(10-14-2020, 05:54 AM)Ourobius Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2020, 05:52 AM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]This site is about making music and discuss music. It should not be hard to understand.
Maybe there should be one chat for trash and a serious chat about the music we do.

Yeah, good luck getting a mod team for each channel. Let alone keeping them from both going off-topic constantly.

I think one chat is more than enough, and let the mods have unilateral authority to mute/ban based on case-by-case criteria.

I understand the problem but there must be something you can do. You can start with a chat by age, for example over 20 years.
An adult chat. But it depends on how many people leave their true age in the profile and that may not be true. Let us instead
consider giving the most serious musicians / composers their own discussion channel.
(10-14-2020, 06:04 AM)kei#0011 Wrote: [ -> ]"Understandably, not everyone can agree with the way I interact with others, but please don't take this personally. Many people (including me) don't have a lot of emotional patience and have different viewpoints on how to tackle a situation in real life."

I'm an owner of a discord server, and I try my best to be consoling when I have to. But experiences like being consistently guilt-tripped in a place CLEARLY not meant for it just shrinks my thoughts on how much of a f-ck I should give. And this is a music site, not a therapist organization. How many times have we had to reiterate that? Too many f-ckin' times to count, if I remember correctly.

And what sucks more is when we give the suggestions and help, 75% of the time, the people who are going on about their sad ass life ignore that sh-t and continue moping about their problems instead of actually doing anything to fix it. Let me be clear on something : I didn't ask about your personal life, and if I ever do, it's very unlikely I'll ask about your health. The more that people pull this sh-t, the less of a f-ck I could give about you. So I'm putting this out here, regardless of how "b-tchy" and insensitive I sound. Don't come to OS chat for venting. Go see an actual f-cking professional.

If you mean something I said in the past, it's gone.
Now we should fix the chat and all the spam.
We grow up sooner or later.
(10-14-2020, 06:43 AM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2020, 06:04 AM)kei#0011 Wrote: [ -> ]"Understandably, not everyone can agree with the way I interact with others, but please don't take this personally. Many people (including me) don't have a lot of emotional patience and have different viewpoints on how to tackle a situation in real life."

If you mean something I said in the past, it's gone.
Now we should fix the chat and all the spam.
We grow up sooner or later.
I wasn't even directing this to anyone in specific, where did you get that from? I was directing it towards the people who act up like this. I don't even know you aside from the fact you make cool stuff. That's all. And the chat? Good luck, because not everybody listens to good ideas. It sucks, but that's reality. I'll be willing to help with that, but otherwise, there's nothing I can really do about it. Not everyone grows up as fast as another person, and we can't necessarily control people and their maturity. I'm not saying to not do anything, it's something to keep in mind.
(10-13-2020, 03:40 PM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this should be an explicit rule in the thread that Jacob updated today, but I feel it's best to discuss this problem in a separate thread.

While Online Sequencer is a great platform for making friends and establishing close relationships with them, please understand that this is a music-making site and that music should come first in the discussion.

I get that life can feel like it's out of your control and that you need friends to talk in order to overcome your problems. In the future, I recommend discussing these in private with another person through the chat whisper command (@name) or by using Forum PMs.

Do not make a habit of announcing your problems in public. While I hope you guys find supportive people on here, relaying your problems in public obligates everyone to respond to what you say. This causes a lot of unneeded tension between people who want to be helpful and people who would rather discuss something else.

I'd also like to make a formal apology on my behalf as a moderator. What's important to know is that people undergo different experiences to make them who they are now.

Understandably, not everyone can agree with the way I interact with others, but please don't take this personally. Many people (including me) don't have a lot of emotional patience and have different viewpoints on how to tackle a situation in real life.

At the end of the day, the moderators lean towards handling situations as efficiently as possible, even if it's unfair. It's ultimately our job to keep the chat as usable as possible and there are times that it's difficult to do this in a diplomatic fashion. Moving forward, I hope we can respect each other a little bit more and keep OS a realistic place.

Happy sequencing.

thanks
I'm one of those people who use the chat for speaking about problems. I understand now that it's annoying at times, and makes people feel uncomfortable. The issues I speak about aren't even that bad compared to others, and there's no point in relaying it here, since I have friends on Discord. I'll refrain from speaking about certain stuff like that, since the chat isn't exactly meant for anything like that. I'm sorry for an inconveniences I may have caused.
(10-16-2020, 06:52 AM)Sequence_Mastuh Alt Wrote: [ -> ]wh even muted me anyways? LucentTear was it you?
How many replies have you posted in not even a span of an hour complaining?
nice
Pages: 1 2