Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: (This Isnt Something Dumb) Rule Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so, I have a suggestion on the rules of chat, and how to more clearly tell people what is not ok and what is ok to say. For example rule number one states, "Keep it civil and chill. No harassment, abuse, hate speech, racist or sexual/homophobic slurs or disrespect towards other members will be tolerated. This includes profanity directed at others." But you could continue saying, "An example of hate speech being 'Furries are all dumb,' or 'furries should be lined up in front of a firing squad' and the such." One could also say that saying one group of people is (insert any number of things), especially when one in said group is present, that that counts and " racist or sexual/homophobic slurs or disrespect towards other members will be tolerated " in my opinion, however much that is worth, any disrespect, ie:saying someone is too yound or too dumb to understand, saying someone who is younger than you does not have a valuable opinion, saying that someone(Ie:a furry, someone who is lgbtq, or otherwise) is not a human, and should not have basic human rights because they are who they are, or any other rude, and disrespectful thing that you can think of, is disrespect. Also, please elaborate on the no political/religious discussions. In my opinion, discussing social issues in a civil, and calm manner, where it is just a discussion over common issues in the public. Also, there should be a rule barring people from sharing their age, location, name, or any irl information, as that is plain common sense. also, Elaborate on promoting your sequences. dont just say "dont excessively promote you sequences," say, "Dont spam your sequences in chat, and expect to get acknowledged. If you post your sequence in chat, thats fine, but if noone acknowledges it, dont freak out, wait a few minutes, then repost it and ask if anyone would like to listen."  I understand that this is a bit chaotic and unstructured, but I just thought id share my thoughts. Thanks for reading.

Note: Now that i have recieved much feedbac, my opinion is altered, but i will leave the post as is, as I believe all of the above would make good additions, but it would make it harder for mods. so pick and choose what you agree with. 
Isn't this just general common sense that people should already have

[Image: Horrible-Highlevel-Cardinal-size-restricted.gif]
(11-16-2020, 09:41 AM)kei#0011 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this just general common sense that people should already have

Yes, kei, it is. but do people ever really use common sense if its not set out in the rules? maybe other places, but its barely common here
While everything you stated is correct, there should be a margin of understanding when it's obvious what was said was a joke.
(11-16-2020, 09:43 AM)ComunistaPotato Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2020, 09:41 AM)kei#0011 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this just general common sense that people should already have

Yes, kei, it is. but do people ever really use common sense if its not set out in the rules? maybe other places, but its barely common here
You could've simplified it by simply saying to not use hate speech ? Also, an unfortunate thing : Not everybody follows order. If this was your impression of people here, what makes you think a post would fix it? I'm not saying I stand by the idea of hate speech, but just drop it. If it's an issue, dial !911. As for the sequences part, I can slightly agree on this, especially if it's the same sequence posted every 5 seconds ( The chat cooldown ). 

[Image: jkfsdhgjkdfhgbkjdfnhkgjfbgfdfhvjdfb.gif]
(11-16-2020, 09:49 AM)kei#0011 Wrote: [ -> ]

You could've simplified it by simply saying to not use hate speech ? Also, an unfortunate thing : Not everybody follows order. If this was your impression of people here, what makes you think a post would fix it? I'm not saying I stand by the idea of hate speech, but just drop it. If it's an issue, dial !911. As for the sequences part, I can slightly agree on this, especially if it's the same sequence posted every 5 seconds ( The chat cooldown ). 

yes amazing
(11-16-2020, 09:48 AM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]While everything you stated is correct, there should be a margin of understanding when it's obvious what was said was a joke.

Ah, but while it may have been a joke, it was not seen that way, and you stuck with it, saying extremely disrespectful and rude things. while you may have been joking, you dont joke like that. its not funny, nor is it intelligent.
(11-16-2020, 09:49 AM)kei#0011 Wrote: [ -> ]

what im saying is that maybe if they see it in the rules, they might at least try and follow the, in fear of mods.
If you make your rules *too* specific, all that does is cause more loopholes for trolls to wiggle through and headaches for mods. The way the rules are stated currently leaves room for mod discretion in enforcement, which is IMO the best approach. They also allow users a chance to show that they can exercise a modicum of common sense and decency.

Excessive hand-holding and/or overly granulated conduct rules will only lead to a disgruntled userbase.
(11-16-2020, 09:50 AM)ComunistaPotato Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2020, 09:48 AM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]While everything you stated is correct, there should be a margin of understanding when it's obvious what was said was a joke.

Ah, but while it may have been a joke, it was not seen that way, and you stuck with it, saying extremely disrespectful and rude things. while you may have been joking, you dont joke like that. its not funny, nor is it intelligent.
While what I said may have been disrespectful, words of which I apologized for, from my understanding it was completely obvious that what I said was meant to get a quick laugh out of anyone who likes that sort of humor. Anyone who didn't realize that simply is not prone to that type of humor. Nothing that I said about furries reflects on how I genuinely feel about them, that of which is obvious.
Pages: 1 2