Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Post your problem in this thread maybe i can help out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if you have any problems in life right now i can at least try to help by letting lose all the thoughts in your mind or problems that effect you mentally
lack of inspiration
so I’m having a hard time recording my final group piece for choir, as i seem to be getting tripped up on most of it. I’ve learned it all, but it was originally slowed down to practice better, and seems impossible to sing at the current tempo.

pls help,
KMT
If lacking inspiration try getting bored for a few hours for a few days by doing nothing
The new audio export utility is saving .ogg files to my documents that I cannot open with Windows Media Player or Audacity on my Windows 7 PC. Pls help!
WMP can play .ogg

Is using WMP ideal? Or are you open to trying a different media player like VLC? I do listen to .ogg files on my computer on Win7
(12-03-2020, 03:30 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]WMP can play .ogg

Is using WMP ideal? Or are you open to trying a different media player like VLC? I do listen to .ogg files on my computer on Win7

Hmm. I don't know if I have ever been able to play OGG files with WMP myself. In this case, it is saying:

WMP Wrote:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

I have been able to use Audacity in the past to open OGG files, but if I try to import this file in particular into Aduacity, Audacity says:

Audacity Wrote:Audacity did not recognize the type of file '...\Downloads\GBA Shy Guy's Beach OST - Mario Kart (Wii) - PIANO Sound.ogg'. If it is uncompressed, try importing it using "Import Raw".

I haven't tried around much with Importing Raw Audio, as there seems to be a lot of different types of raw audio formats. I only tried once and it resulted in a waveform that consisted of just loud noise. I can keep trying to mess around with that, but it seems strange to me that Jacob_ or Liam would've had the site export raw audio (although I'm not completely sure what raw audio is myself).
Raw audio is uncompressed, a .wav file is raw. This means the sound will have the best possible quality and largest size.

.ogg is a popular format, perhaps it is just the way the website encodes the file that makes it not work? Have you tried editing the filename to .mp3 or .m4a and tried opening it before?
"you can directly open the OGG file right after downloading and installing the OGG codec for Windows Media Player"

Maybe you just don't have the decoder installed for .ogg
Pages: 1 2