Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Mechanical stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
imma put my mechanical adventures in here so ppl can see what ive done if they want to see that. if its breaking rules, feel free to delete it mods.

Ok, so, i figured out why my pocket bike isnt getting as much power from the supercharger as it should. Whilst increasing the compression the engine makes, I never increased the Octane levels, meaning the cylinder is probably firing early, meaning that it doesnt like to run, which makes sense on why it starts running rough even as I make it run richer to compensate for the lean condition caused by the supercharger. So, what happens is it fires early, which makes the cylinder fire before the point where its most efficient to fire at.
(12-02-2020, 10:49 AM)LoneWolf Wrote: [ -> ]imma put my mechanical adventures in here so ppl can see what ive done if they want to see that. if its breaking rules, feel free to delete it mods.

Ok, so, i figured out why my pocket bike isnt getting as much power from the supercharger as it should. Whilst increasing the compression the engine makes, I never increased the Octane levels, meaning the cylinder is probably firing early, meaning that it doesnt like to run, which makes sense on why it starts running rough even as I make it run richer to compensate for the lean condition caused by the supercharger. So, what happens is it fires early, which makes the cylinder fire before the point where its most efficient to fire at.
why didnt you increase the octane levels
(12-02-2020, 10:49 AM)animebro(gabe) Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2020, 10:49 AM)LoneWolf Wrote: [ -> ]imma put my mechanical adventures in here so ppl can see what ive done if they want to see that. if its breaking rules, feel free to delete it mods.

why didnt you increase the octane levels
Didn't realize that was something to take into account untill right now. So i would either have to increase octane or advance the timing, which raising the octane is easier to do.
Ok, this is fun, I just broke a bolt off on the intake of my bro's car.