Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Note lengths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know how to make a note 1/2 length 1/4 length 1/8 length and 1/16 length but how do I make a custom length? like make it take up an entire measure or something? cause I've seen notes in some songs that take up an entire measure and I want to know how I do that.
If you bring up the control panel (com + opt + J for Macintosh, F12 for other) You can type "grid=(number/number)" The second number indicates how many spaces on the grid you want, while the first number indicates how many notes will fit into the range.

To demonstrate, here is a sequence I made to use a grid length of (3/11). Note that 3 notes cover 11 spaces.
(04-18-2015, 07:37 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]If you bring up the control panel (com + opt + J for Macintosh, F12 for other) You can type "grid=(number/number)" The second number indicates how many spaces on the grid you want, while the first number indicates how many notes will fit into the range.

To demonstrate, here is a sequence I made to use a grid length of (3/11). Note that 3 notes cover 11 spaces.

Thanks!
(04-18-2015, 07:37 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]If you bring up the control panel (com + opt + J for Macintosh, F12 for other) You can type "grid=(number/number)" The second number indicates how many spaces on the grid you want, while the first number indicates how many notes will fit into the range.

Where exactly should one write that in the control panel?

Thanks