Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Harmonica sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to make harmonica or accordion sound??????????????
I'm not super sure since I'm pretty new, but try experimenting around with combining the synth sounds and messing around with some of the settings on the advance tab of the mixer.
Try a modulated waveshaper. You probably want to boost somewhere 500kHz to 2kHz after. Also turn up the waveshaper a fair bit, try soft clipping or asymmetrical on your waveshaper. An FM osc or a saw will probably work, you can also try a wavetable if you have one. I recommend using modwheel to slightly augment the brightness of the sound after the waveshaper, or to increase the intensity of the waveshaping. Perhaps also modulate the volume with it. If you can, use pitch bend to modulate the waveshaper as well as the pitch so it sounds like you are blowing a little harder, more expressive when you pitch bend. There is also a trick I like to use with a 100% wet, small room, very small decay reverb to get a some natural sounding resonance. Hope this helps
Also layer in some noise at a low volume to represent the sound of air. Pink noise probably better than white