Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Suggestions that Should be Considered
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I only have a few that I have thought of recently, and I think they are worth a thought at least.

1) Custom Synthesizer

I think that we should have the opportunity to create our own instruments or being able to change wave length with the Equalizer on our side. Yes, the EQ is pretty useful, and is useful in places that Online Sequencer couldn't have done before, but I personally think it be a great idea to create new sounds that could be unique and efficient towards music. 
However, this suggestion is a tad advanced and can cause the site for some severe lagging problems and bugs, so this should only be considered if OS does happen to become even closer to a DAW.

2) Changing mid-song BPM

The ability to change the BPM in the middle of a piece would be really useful in making more lively and realistic pieces, and also possibly whole suites/orchestrations (in a sense). This would be really useful for many remakes/rearrangements as well, and can be less mind-boggling for manual BPM changes. 

3) Locked Key Signature

It kind of bugs me that when a piece has a ton of accidentals (notes that aren't a part of the original key signature), the auto key signature thing interprets it wrong or puts it to no key at all. Please change this, it would be really appreciated. 

3.5) Changing mid-song Key Signature

This can be useful for determining key signature in a song as well, and can inform the listener what is happening. Just like a musical piece on a written score, you can see the change when it goes from minor to major, or one major to another, etc. This again, back to the locked key signature idea, can make interpretation easier and can be really nice to understand.

4) Instrument Soloing

A useful feature for hearing countermelodies/harmony instead of having to lower the real volume of the instruments can be really efficient for well sounding pieces. It would be extremely nice for smooth composition instead of forcing one's own hearing to determine if something sounds off according to the style of the piece. This is something that could improve everyone's pieces for each and every individual part.

5) Full keyboard/piano (88 key) Length

This can be really useful for larger spans of music making and can increase ability to make more accurate rearrangements. I highly recommend this one out of all of my suggestions because I feel like the ability to make solid piano melodies can be improves with this feature. However, that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

6) Changing 8-bit/Synth Octave Output

This is the only one that bothers me a lot. The fact that 8-bit and synth notes are played an octave higher than what it shows is kind of annoying. It doesn't register the same in the Midi output as well, so please fix this. I also like the idea of being able to play 8-bits/synth lower too, but if it is unable to go the current note length, then just shorten up the note span. (If you don't understand what I mean, take how sci-fi only goes down to C3, that's what I mean by note span).

That's all I have for now, but this list may be edited. Any suggestions against or for this are welcome in the thread. I can't wait for more updates, no matter what they are, for Online Sequencer!
The only useful and easy to add thing here would be soloing instruments.

Adding a synth would be against the simplistic natute of the website that inspires creativity. Also it would probably be very hard on some people's computer. If you just want to try synthesizers there is a website that lets you play a synth in your browser.

Tempo changes are really not very useful. It is only really practical in those crappy piano versions of great classical songs. I feel few few people would actually use it and not very often.

Its helpful to not rely on the key guide. I think its pretty easy to see a key change in a song and hear it too. Adding a key guide change in a song is impractical also, every time you want the key to change you have to add a marker or whatever? We aren't writing scores for people,we are writing scores for a computer, who doesn't give two craps about what key the song is in.

Soloing instruments so only that instrument makes sound or muting instruments would be very helpful however
soloing instruments is there already but right only in the advanced panel
would be cool to mute instruments with a toggle on each instruments in the main panel
ah and add something to save auto scroll, when working on a song it's annoying having to switch it back to off all the time
(12-11-2020, 10:32 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]The only useful and easy to add thing here would be soloing instruments.

Adding a synth would be against the simplistic natute of the website that inspires creativity. Also it would probably be very hard on some people's computer. If you just want to try synthesizers there is a website that lets you play a synth in your browser.

Tempo changes are really not very useful. It is only really practical in those crappy piano versions of great classical songs. I feel few few people would actually use it and not very often.

Its helpful to not rely on the key guide. I think its pretty easy to see a key change in a song and hear it too. Adding a key guide change in a song is impractical also, every time you want the key to change you have to add a marker or whatever? We aren't writing scores for people,we are writing scores for a computer, who doesn't give two craps about what key the song is in.

Soloing instruments so only that instrument makes sound or muting instruments would be very helpful however
I disagree a little on your key guide and temp change, but do agree about how the synthesizer does decrease the amount of creativity. However, more options can mean more possible opportunities.