Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Knobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Knobs allow for a greater information per density I think, if we used knobs for the effects parameters we probably wouldn't need Advanced Options. 

Also if we dropped the instrument selection dropdown (pun intended) we could move it over to the white box on the side of the editor that currently holds random sequences or the user's other featured sequences

This is a bit of a drastic change but I feel like it could make workflow a bit faster
knobs? trying to turn virtual knob is virtually impossible
Just make the knobs turn when the mouse drags them up or down instead of trying to get the mouse to actually turn it
but... but...
I mean aesthetically, I love knobs, and I agree that knobs are 'hot.'
But we essentially already have that mouse drag system already implemented. As much as I enjoy looking at knobs ;) I also kinda think the sliders are more intuitive and user-friendly.
Sliders may be more visual so you can see where each part is easier but it takes up a lot of space. I don't think it would make people tooo angry but thats what the poll is for
I like the idea of this, The knobs give roughly the same degree of control as a slider but saves space which could be used as futureproofing to add more functions without cluttering the workspace too much.

At the moment, I think that a function that allows you to create layers of sequences would be good but it may be too hard too make, idk but yeah, knobs are good.