Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Post your fears here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have a fear of the deep deep ocean.(Thalassophobia) I also have a fear of voids(kenophobia) or space. also throwing up....
I'm afraid of the current and future state of technology. As long as it keeps progressing, eventually it will become so much of a priority that we'll forget anything we learned through human evolution, as well as maybe even densitize us from our emotions to the point where we forget we're even human, and worst of all... forget we're the same

I'm not saying to fear technology for what it's becoming... after all, change and progression is good. But I do believe we shouldn't rely on it in every single aspect of our lives, or else we'll forget how we started here in the first place.

Machines are already starting to rule the world. They're made of flesh and bone. They're called humans. The way we routinely schedule every moment of our lives, with little room for spontaniety, the lack of effort we put sometimes into something that is not our fixated objective... but who can we blame? It's in our inherent thoughts; it's programmed there... to feel scared, to feel little empathy for something that does not directly affect our lives. 

Nevertheless, what my point is here is that eventually technology will evolve into a point where only machines will exist. Both metal and flesh. All our actions automated, scheduled and filtered down to the point where there is no variation, simply results. Work, buy, consume, die... and repeat.
Heights and dying alone. (Thanatophobia and severe Acrophobia)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5