Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: A Few New Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Few New Suggestions that Maybe You Haven't Heard Of Before

My goal is to offer some suggestions that maybe the devs (Liam) haven't heard before that might lead to brainstorming.

1. A drop-down menu for default note size. The current default note is a 1/4th grid note. It might be cool to be able to get a note that is 4 grid spaces or even 8 grid spaces long, starting from the grid space clicked, so that I don't have to keep dragging those tiny little notes out.

2. Turn off looping. Let there be a check box somewhere that can disable the auto-loop feature when playing back a sequence.

3. Note stacking detection. (I don't have any specific idea for this one but essentially I want to know where there are notes stacked behind other notes. For example, there could be a button that highlights all notes in a sequence where there are stacked notes).

4. Note layers. This is similar to the previous idea, but this could allow the ability to "send note to front" or "send note to back," and so if there ever is a bunch of stacked notes in one place, it would change which note is showing on top.

5. Variable BPM, or triggers where BPM can be changed. Idk if MIDIs currently allow this but it would be cool to have this ability on the site. Likewise, other 'triggers' or 'sections' could be used, like for example crescendos, ritardandos, accelerandos, etc.

6. Some type of notifications system that lets a user know when someone has commented on a sequence.

7. A new search field that lets sequences be sorted by 'most comments,' alongside the 'most played' and 'longest' filter options.

8. I know this one is more controversial, but I will restate it here: A 'like' system that would give sequences likes, and a corresponding search filter for 'most liked.'

Do you like these ideas?
If anyone has any other ideas or comments about these, be sure to reply with some more ideas.
1.) you can use the grid size for default note lengths or hold ctrl + click and drag out to however long you want it
2.) that can be done, looping is already turned off for midi keyboard recording so it wouldnt be too hard to just add a button to toggle it. i would add that but then i would need to figure out where to put it lol
3,4.) mm
5.) liam is working on markers right now, you will be able to create events where settings can be changed (bpm, eq, volume)
6.) i dont know how that would work, might get annoying too
6,7.) comments arent stored in the sequence data so that would kind of be annoying
8.) that is being considered with the new sequence preview page
Fox answered most of this, but
2) Ctrl+click the play button or Ctrl + middle mouse button
3/4) we could add a console command for that stuff. Not worth a dedicated button tho cos they're kinda niche