Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Note Cancelling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sometimes i find that, with instruments that have fixed note lengths (all of them except 8bit, flute, e. guitar & s. piano), the lingering sound after each note can clash with notes played after and cause some muddiness. 

i suggest adding a "note cancel" option to the markers, which if triggered will mute any notes that were played previous while allowing any notes played after to sound. 
personally i think it would be really helpful! (i'm looking at you, saxophone)
Im looking at you, crash cymbal. Us drummers need this for cymbal muting.
(01-25-2021, 03:00 PM)ControlKey Wrote: [ -> ]Im looking at you, crash cymbal. Us drummers need this for cymbal muting.

that just gave me an idea of an alternate way to implement note cancelling, you could put a completely silent note (matching the one that you want to mute) in front of the note. this would be especially good for specific drum sounds, or if you just want to mute certain notes
It would be good if they can make some kind of cancellation or fade out. There should also be a stop marker for the
markers and afterwards the song would sound like it did before the previous marker. Ok I am on deep waters now.
Nice example Lucent