Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: New instruments and feature ideas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't get me wrong, I love online sequencer, I've used it for 3 years now, however it's always bothered me that certain things aren't here. Here are my suggestions for what I'd like to see in the future:

1. Tubular bells (Chimes), oboe, clarinet, timpani... Screw it, an entire orchestra section.

2. viola, glockenspiel, two chorus instruments (one for male and one for female), a beefier drum kit (more oomph than the electric drum kit), trumpet, tuba, and contrabass.

3. (string ensemble as an instrument, it would be like a triad chord of violins, violas, and cellos but it would take up one note space. I don't think this would fit with the other instruments in OS very well.)

4. ZUNpets. (They originate from Touhou and have a very distinct sound, I think adding them would make for very interesting and cool creations; they'd also be able to hit every note.)

That's it for the instrument suggestions, now for features I'd like to see:

1. Crescendo and decrescendos added to the edit markers.

2. Have it so when you have a part of your sequence selected, and you use a tool like Invert and Minor-Major, it would only affect that part of the sequence that's selected.

3. More stuff with edit markers overall, like have preset volumes that correlate to everything between fortississimo and pianississimo.

4. Ritardando and accelerando added to the edit markers, you could have it start at the edit mark, then have it slow down to the chosen tempo.

5. Repeat bars, these would be in the edit markers and you would only be able to place them at the end of a measure, you could input a measure for it to send the song back to, as well as how many times it repeats, this would help shorten sequences significantly.

That's it for features, now onto miscellaneous tweaks:

1. Instruments getting an extra octave above what they already have:

All guitars and all brass instruments concert harp, give violins the very top note please : )

2. These instruments I'd like to see have access to every note:

smooth and plunk synths, harpsicord, and xylophone.

3. I believe giving the cello access to all the notes below its current range would benefit massively.

4. Church organ would benefit from being sustained like the flute. 

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.
(01-26-2021, 10:11 AM)RunnyCylinder59 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, I love online sequencer, I've used it for 3 years now, however it's always bothered me that certain things aren't here. Here are my suggestions for what I'd like to see in the future:

1. Tubular bells (Chimes), oboe, clarinet, timpani... Screw it, an entire orchestra section.

2. viola, glockenspiel, two chorus instruments (one for male and one for female), a beefier drum kit (more oomph than the electric drum kit), trumpet, tuba, and contrabass.

3. (string ensemble as an instrument, it would be like a triad chord of violins, violas, and cellos but it would take up one note space. I don't think this would fit with the other instruments in OS very well.)

4. ZUNpets. (They originate from Touhou and have a very distinct sound, I think adding them would make for very interesting and cool creations; they'd also be able to hit every note.)

2. Have it so when you have a part of your sequence selected, and you use a tool like Invert and Minor-Major, it would only affect that part of the sequence that's selected.

3. More stuff with edit markers overall, like have preset volumes that correlate to everything between fortississimo and pianississimo.

4. Ritardando and accelerando added to the edit markers, you could have it start at the edit mark, then have it slow down to the chosen tempo.

5. Repeat bars, these would be in the edit markers and you would only be able to place them at the end of a measure, you could input a measure for it to send the song back to, as well as how many times it repeats, this would help shorten sequences significantly.

All guitars and all brass instruments concert harp, give violins the very top note please : )

3. I believe giving the cello access to all the notes below its current range would benefit massively.

"I believe giving the cello access to all the notes below its current range would benefit massively."

that would be nice, if , yknow, THE SOUNDFONT FROM WHERE THE CELLO CAME FROM HAD BIGGER RANGE!

yeah, not gonna happen
have robo tell you who muted you when you gte muted so newbies stop saying "WHY DID ROBO MUTE ME AND NOT U GUYS"
also i feel like it would be cool
Quote:That's it for the instrument suggestions, now for features I'd like to see:

1) Already exists. Instrument volume + blend
2) Good idea. Added it to the list. Can't promise it's gonna happen any time soon tho.
3) Nah, those volumes are subjective. I don't think this would be very useful.
4) Already exists. BPM + blend
5) This is already on the TODO list, but there's some technical details to iron out.
Can the developer add a pan flute instrument?
This is exactly what I was thinking, add more instruments
(01-26-2021, 10:11 AM)RunnyCylinder59 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, I love online sequencer, I've used it for 3 years now, however it's always bothered me that certain things aren't here. Here are my suggestions for what I'd like to see in the future:

Sorry, but none of this is gonna happen. Literally everyone has denied these every time I ask for them, and put the ¨Dumb¨ marker on me. It´s no use, pal.
(02-09-2021, 06:07 AM)Graveyardz Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry, but none of this is gonna happen. Literally everyone has denied these every time I ask for them, and put the ¨Dumb¨ marker on me. It´s no use, pal.
not looking for new instrument suggestions, but they gave other good suggestions. some of them are already on our todo list
Would be really nice to have a stereo 3 voice unison slider