Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Can I request something?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new and of course I will say the sound quality isn't that good. Everyone says I might get used to it but IDK. Mostly because I'm a piano player and I have about 600 sounds that sounds almost realistic. If you don't make changes, it's okay, I don't care. Let me go review through most of the sounds.

Grand Piano - Keep.
Electric Piano - Sounds more like a bright piano. Was expecting like you know, it's hard to explain but yeah.
Music Box - Sounds kind of low and old. Maybe replace with a newly update.
Electric Drum Kit - Good but it's reverb even if the reverb mode isn't on.
Xylophone - Why aren't all the notes in, and the mode sounds already reverb.
Basses - Sounds good but would be great if you can make it more realistic
Orchestral Sounds - Would be better if all the notes were added and if you can make it sustainable
Steel Drums -  Very Terrible. I'd suggest upgrading it to a more realistic sound
Acoustic - Good but can you also add steel guitar?
Synth Bass - My very favorite sound, but just make it sustainable.

Other than that, it's good but just add some more sounds and fix the quality. Okay, everyone wishes the quality is better. I also think people should get notifications when someone comments on a song and reply to each other. There should also be an option where you can like or dislike a song, and unlike if you don't like a song anymore. Last one, I think this site layout is getting old and should be upgraded. I heard this site was recently updated but I don't see too much. I'm Maddie the princess
I agree that the samples are low quality, and the range of instruments can limit you, but there are many things you can do to make the most out of what we have here. EQ was added recently, which allows you to customize the sounds we have, and markers allow you to automate these functions.

Electric piano does sound like a bright piano and not a proper electric one but is a good instrument still
The music box sounds fine?? the low notes do sound weird but high up ones are fine
Electric drum kit is pretty dry and not sure how the sound is reverb
Xylophone isn't wet either and the range is a bit annoying. I stay away from this instrument
Bass are good but aren't that realistic, especially as you cant sustain them. I would recommend you layer this with 8-bit sine for sustain (or just use sine as the entire bass)
Orchestral sounds - yes the range is pathetic. But you can sustain these, through psuedo sustain. This is when you place a long string of notes and lower the volume  which simulates a long string of notes. Example here
Steel drums - yeah its a crappy sound but sick when you use it as bass.
Synth bass - great sound but if you want something similar you can psuedo sustain then just use pop synth.

Some instruments have better quality than others, and the lack of instruments is annoying sometimes, but again, this is what inspires us to be so creative in coming up with new ideas and concepts.

Also, I agree in the comment notification, as there are sequences that I may not check for months and find out that someone commented on it. (there should also be a setting to turn off this notification, or not get notified by specific sequence)

Liking and disliking sequences is a good idea but would just make people go around begging for likes, and would make the toxic community even worse. Perhaps just a liking system, like a heart button? Or a five star rating system (which I think has been requested before).

I agree with the layout and design of the site being old and outdated. The sequencer has had a massive visual update recently and has received new icons, and the forums were also updated but still look out of fashion lol. If you want to change the theme of the forum just go to user cp > edit options > board style. As for the members and sequences tab these look pretty bad and don't match with the rest of the site.

You get used to these things, and, after a while they don't bother you as much, and as for the sequencer, you find techniques and work around the simplicity of the site.

idk i hope this helped
i hope they never overwrite the old instruments with updated versions, because that could ruin the nearly two million sequences already saved on the site

adding high-quality new instruments can be cool

there is something to say for writing music with limited tools though - "My freedom will be so much the greater and more meaningful the more narrowly I limit my field of action and the more I surround myself with obstacles" - Stravinsky
just get good tbh