Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 7 days!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone,

There have been some discussions going on about why i am muted, and even though i cant chat right now i also dont want to. I'm sure many of you guys have probably seen someone getting muted for 7 days, followed up by a whole group of idiots screaming '7 days!' in chat, especially the exclamation mark giving it that kind of stupid humor-vibe. This all comes from one time where someone was muted because of something for 7 days. People in chat were all saying like 'wow 7 days' and such, but me being the bad-humor guy that i am on this site was like "not '7 days', its '7 days!' (because the mute message says something like '[user] has been muted for [number] days!' and that has an exclamation mark)". After saying '7 days!' several times (quite a lot actually), people started to say it as well with the '!', and even though this also happens with other mute time lengths, the 7 days is the one the most people joke about. Me being the creator of this actually not funny whatsoever joke, always felt a little bad for the users that got muted and being memed on by the whole chat while not being able to do anything about or against it. Because of this, I think the least i can do is being muted for 7 days myself, also with the nice addition of not allowing myself to personal message (PM). Therefore i am muted for 7 days, its because i want to.
Second part of the reason why I'm doing this (and the most important one as well) is because i am starting to lack behind a bit on homework and school in general, and while still getting decent grades i feel like i need this small little break to get back to some schoolwork. I also cant really imagine my life without OS anymore, and even though the song making is something creative and even my parents support me to keep doing that, the chat is just a little too distracting and overtaking at some times. This is the second reason im just taking this small little break from OS.

Don't worry, the 17th day of february i'll be in chat again. until that happens, i'm going back to just keeping this site as a music maker and going back to my normal life a bit more. I hope you all understand it a bit more and dont stress out about the reason why im muted too much, i'm doing this myself. Well, i think thats all. See you all later in chat Smile

-LarryTheMaskMan
Glad to hear everything's good Larry.
(02-11-2021, 11:05 AM)LarryTheMaskMan Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings everyone,

There have been some discussions going on about why i am muted, and even though i cant chat right now i also dont want to. I'm sure many of you guys have probably seen someone getting muted for 7 days, followed up by a whole group of idiots screaming '7 days!' in chat, especially the exclamation mark giving it that kind of stupid humor-vibe. This all comes from one time where someone was muted because of something for 7 days. People in chat were all saying like 'wow 7 days' and such, but me being the bad-humor guy that i am on this site was like "not '7 days', its '7 days!' (because the mute message says something like '[user] has been muted for [number] days!' and that has an exclamation mark)". After saying '7 days!' several times (quite a lot actually), people started to say it as well with the '!', and even though this also happens with other mute time lengths, the 7 days is the one the most people joke about. Me being the creator of this actually not funny whatsoever joke, always felt a little bad for the users that got muted and being memed on by the whole chat while not being able to do anything about or against it. Because of this, I think the least i can do is being muted for 7 days myself, also with the nice addition of not allowing myself to personal message (PM). Therefore i am muted for 7 days, its because i want to.
Second part of the reason why I'm doing this (and the most important one as well) is because i am starting to lack behind a bit on homework and school in general, and while still getting decent grades i feel like i need this small little break to get back to some schoolwork. I also cant really imagine my life without OS anymore, and even though the song making is something creative and even my parents support me to keep doing that, the chat is just a little too distracting and overtaking at some times. This is the second reason im just taking this small little break from OS.

Don't worry, the 17th day of february i'll be in chat again. until that happens, i'm going back to just keeping this site as a music maker and going back to my normal life a bit more. I hope you all understand it a bit more and dont stress out about the reason why im muted too much, i'm doing this myself. Well, i think thats all. See you all later in chat Smile

-LarryTheMaskMan
ah yes, punishing yourself
Funny, tl;dr