Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Adding a second track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am new to this site and I have created a sequence but how do I add a second track to it without changing the instrument used? If that doesn't make sense then how do you add a second track to a midi file that you imported?
You cannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt
If you mean that you want to connect 2 different MIDI imports to each other, you can first import the first one and the second one in different sequences. After that you can copy and paste one of the 2 imports into the other sequence by pressing Ctrl+A (selects everything), Ctrl+C (copies your selected notes) and then go to the other sequence where you want to paste it. Press Ctrl+V to paste everything and then you can drag all the notes to the end of the other MIDI imput if that makes sence.
(02-21-2021, 08:23 AM)LarryTheMaskMan Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean that you want to connect 2 different MIDI imports to each other, you can first import the first one and the second one in different sequences. After that you can copy and paste one of the 2 imports into the other sequence by pressing Ctrl+A (selects everything), Ctrl+C (copies your selected notes) and then go to the other sequence where you want to paste it. Press Ctrl+V to paste everything and then you can drag all the notes to the end of the other MIDI imput if that makes sence.
So you have to make 2 separate sheets just to add it as a second track or no-

(also image shown is what comes up when I import a MIDI sequence)
(02-21-2021, 08:29 AM)animelovrer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2021, 08:23 AM)LarryTheMaskMan Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean that you want to connect 2 different MIDI imports to each other, you can first import the first one and the second one in different sequences. After that you can copy and paste one of the 2 imports into the other sequence by pressing Ctrl+A (selects everything), Ctrl+C (copies your selected notes) and then go to the other sequence where you want to paste it. Press Ctrl+V to paste everything and then you can drag all the notes to the end of the other MIDI imput if that makes sence.
So you have to make 2 separate sheets just to add it as a second track or no-

(also image shown is what comes up when I import a MIDI sequence)
Pretty sure you have to upload the sequence first then copy and paste
if you want to make 2 seperate midi imports one single sequence, you'll have to copy one of the imports and paste it in the other. After that you can save it.
(02-21-2021, 08:31 AM)LarryTheMaskMan Wrote: [ -> ]if you want to make 2 seperate midi imports one single sequence, you'll have to copy one of the imports and paste it in the other. After that you can save it.
so how do you copy from one sequence then add to the other? like i said i am new here so i dont know much QwQ
Use ctrl+a to select all the notes in the sequence, then use ctrl+c to copy from one sequence, and then go to the other sequence and press ctrl+v
(or use command+a, command+c, and command+v if you are using an Apple device).

This doesn't always work the first time though because copy and pasting can be glitchy, so I'd recommend keeping both sequences open in a different tab so that you can easily go back and forth and try again.