Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: DaConnor's Songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I'll be posting my songs here. If you like them you can let me know. If you don't you can let me know what to change. I am also part of this Black MIDI stuff which has no real involvement here. But, it might.

All songs will be titled [DaConnor] (songname.)

So far I made this song, a cool beat and guitar thing:

[url=][/url]

I'll post more songs as replies.
I made another song. It's a cool piano beat.

[url=][/url]
I made another piano beat.

[url=][/url]

I like it.
postin my 2 cents

Quote:

seems pretty random; the guitar doesn't seem to have a clear rhythm to it

also there's no real melody so it's pretty 'eh'

Quote:

By how this song sounds, I would describe this as 'odd' or 'quirky' more than 'cool' (not that this is a bad thing though)

The ending is pretty abrupt and makes the song sound incomplete, even as a sequence that is intended to be short

Quote:

It's pretty cool, an extended version would be nice
(05-31-2015, 07:30 PM)Lempillsk Wrote: [ -> ]postin my 2 cents

Quote:

seems pretty random; the guitar doesn't seem to have a clear rhythm to it

also there's no real melody so it's pretty 'eh'

Quote:

By how this song sounds, I would describe this as 'odd' or 'quirky' more than 'cool' (not that this is a bad thing though)

The ending is pretty abrupt and makes the song sound incomplete, even as a sequence that is intended to be short

Quote:

It's pretty cool, an extended version would be nice

Thank you for the criticism, I will use that to improve. If you want, you can collaborate on the third song that you thought that would be cool if it was extended.
(06-02-2015, 07:46 AM)DaConnor Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the criticism, I will use that to improve. If you want, you can collaborate on the third song that you thought that would be cool if it was extended.

You're welcome

also I don't feel like doing a collab since doing other peoples' song requests already takes a bit of effort; in other words I'm lazy ;)

I'll still monitor this thread and make comments on your sequences though
I made another thing, called Eszence.

[url=][/url]
(06-06-2015, 03:32 PM)DaConnor Wrote: [ -> ]I made another thing, called Eszence.

[url=][/url]

changed your sequence a bit

and here's my 2 cents

1. The series of descending notes (D-C#-B-A-F#-E) is cool, but its placement throughout the song seemed inconsistent

I changed them to occur at the last 16th note of the first beat of whatever measure they were in to begin with (if this confusing sentence makes no sense to you just listen to the song)

2. The song overall feels disorganized, and the ending is abrupt

If you listen to pretty much any song, you'll notice that they tend to be divided into "phrases" that are 4 measures long, with each "phrase" having a distinct feel to it. This is mostly intuitive so I probably can't explain it any better than this ;)

The song sounds messy because there isn't any obvious division of these phrases, so I changed the chord progression after 4 measures to make the division more apparent

Also, the song is only 7 measures long (excluding the intro), making the last phrase only 3 measures long, hence the abruptness

3. Some rhythms were too irregular

ye just listen to the song it sounds better now
Wait, wait. That was Eszence 2. Here is a new song which is the first Eszence.

[url=][/url]

I imported the midi and did things with the instruments to make it sound better.
I made another song called Esterdacia. This time it is a full song.

[url=][/url]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10