Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 2021 March Monthly Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=215] Hello Online Sequencer! It's time to announce the 2021 March Monthly Contest!

This month's theme is to create a mashup of previously existing sequences! Please note that, due to the theme of this month's contest, a couple extra rules and clarifications are being made.

General Information

The entry period is from 3/1 ~ 4/14 (11:59 PM EST). Winners will be announced on 4/30/2021!

While we will post general notes on every contest, please refer to the Monthly Contest announcement thread for more details on Monthly Contests themselves.

• Entry limit of 2 sequences per person.
  • Committee members are allowed to enter the contests, but will not enter their example sequence nor will they vote for their own entry.
  • Sequences made prior to the current Monthly Contest are allowed, although entering the same sequence in different Monthly Contests is not. If you are unsure about whether or not you have entered a sequence in a previous monthly contest, a list of all the sequences that have been entered into previous monthly contests can be found here.
  • Making a remix of an existing song is allowed.
  • Editing an entry after the entry period is strictly prohibited and will result in that entry being disqualified.
  • Collaborations on entries are allowed, but any points that the piece might receive are divided up equally between the contributors.
  • The standard Online Sequencer Rules will apply and any entries violating a rule will automatically be disqualified.

Additional Notes

If any additional rules or clarifications need to be added during this contest, they will be added here and you will be notified of it.

• For reference, a mashup consists of combining the elements of multiple songs into one cohesive piece. A medley does not count as a mashup for the purposes of this contest.
  • You do not necessarily have to combine the melodies of songs to create a mashup. For example, putting one song in the style of another (à la SiIvagunner) would count as a mashup.
  • Note that only mashups of previously existing sequences are allowed. A sequence is defined as "previously existing" if and only if it was created before the entry period of this contest. As a general rule, if your sources sequences have an ID LESS than 1880076, you should be fine.
  • Please make sure to follow the User Reposting Permissions List if you choose to use sequences made by other users. If a sequence is owned by a user not listed there, it is acceptable to include that sequence in your mashup.
  • Include the IDs of the sequences you mashed up in the TITLE of your entry. If they do not fit in the title, put them in a message in the comments of the sequence. Your entry will not be accepted otherwise.

I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Good luck to you all!

The additional notes have been updated.

--

Combined 1852988 and 1330684 for this.

https://youtu.be/tdutO0srfUI

I'm combining Julia and Sunset Speedway.

I accidentally deleted Sunset Speedway, and the recovered version has a higher ID than the cutoff, but the original was made well before the cutoff: https://youtu.be/nokKfE9UDf4

This little piece is a mashup of Xstep's "NEW CHAOS THEORY" and my own "Not Going Down Easy", I thought it was fitting since the former had some influence on the composition of the latter.

oh heck wait i thought the entry deadline was the 21st noOOOOOOOoo

[cries in a corner]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=215]
Hello Online Sequencer! It's time to announce the 2021 March Monthly Contest winners!

As always, a big thanks to all who participated in the contest!

In first place we have ephemeral by steggy. Congratulations, you'll be getting 5 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

In second place we have DOWN IN CHΑΩS by Pricerocks. Great job! You'll be getting 4 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

In third place we have 2021 March Monthly Contest by asdf :]. Nice job, you'll be getting 3 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

We also have an honorable mention! Congratulations to pseudoname and their sequence, Graze the Graves. You'll be getting 1 point on the Grand Leaderboard.

See you all tomorrow at next month's contest!