Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: OS Masterclass: the call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Online Sequencer Masterclass Series:

Hello my OS family. 

I was thinking about a question I was given by one of the users on the chat and thought, what if we had prominent users do an hour-long lesson explaining their methods and hopefully spark some creative ideas. 

The layout would go as followed
  • An introduction to the lecture
  • Them explaining on the sequencer their methods
  • A QnA 
  • conclusion 

When we do this, the lecture would be announced a week in advance and hopefully on a weekend or an evening. Those who cannot make it will be able to watch the recorded masterclass on the online sequencer youtube channel 

What I need from you guys is at least 5 users interested in teaching lessons, as well as people interested in participating as these lectures would be a conversation with you guys. 

If you are interested in hosting a lecture, You would need to:
  • Let me know what platform you would like to do the lecture on (discord, zoom, youtube, etc.)
  • What topic you want to cover as the main idea of the lecture (ie. Collaboration, sound design, creative composition, a specific genre, mixing)
  • When would you be available to do this
Thank you for reading. 

Alex Wang

Lectures already signed up and interested:

Alex!: The Art of Achieving a Successful Collaboration
This is a great idea!

I think this would be a best executed on either a google meet or discord call. I don't think it would work well on YouTube because it is not easy to switch between who is presenting. I think a google meet would be the best because you don't need to join a server or anything, just put in the code and go to the call. On a google meet, it is also extremely easy to share your screen.

How long should each lecture be? I assume around 8-12 minutes.

I am interested in teaching for this, but I am unsure what knowledge I posses to share. Although I have been on OS for a long time, I'm no expert.
(03-02-2021, 04:26 PM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a great idea!

I think this would be a best executed on either a google meet or discord call.  I don't think it would work well on YouTube because it is not easy to switch between who is presenting.  I think a google meet would be the best because you don't need to join a server or anything, just put in the code and go to the call.  On a google meet, it is also extremely easy to share your screen.

How long should each lecture be?  I assume around 8-12 minutes.

I am interested in teaching for this, but I am unsure what knowledge I posses to share.  Although I have been on OS for a long time, I'm no expert.

I was thinking of making each lecture around half an hour long. There is just a lot to talk about.
Sounds like OS Podcast with extra steps.
(03-03-2021, 12:32 PM)Calico Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like OS Podcast with extra steps.
very similar to OS podcast, except its less of a conversation, more of a lesson
This sounds like a fantastic idea! Thank you for suggesting it :]

I'd love to attend as a viewer, as I get really inspired by a lot of people on this site. I think it's a great opportunity to learn as well <3
that was my idea on my other account lol
Is this still happening?
let's bring this back
i want to get good at os and share what im good at already
This is a great idea!

Also, I couldn't find the os youtube channel. Does anyone have a link?
Pages: 1 2