Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: I’m leaving OS.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Have a good one but bruh
(03-31-2021, 08:40 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]It’s been about 6 years that I’ve been on this site and I wanted to thank you all for making great sequences as well as thanking Jacob for fostering such a wonderful community.

Unfortunately I have some life matters to attend to and from this point on I have to be fully committed to studying in college. I feel that OS distracts me too much from what I have to do and for once I want to be responsible for my future.

Well, I usually don’t show it in the chat, but for the longest time I’ve had personal problems with some of the people here and often I felt that it would be better if I left. I acknowledge that the site in general has some infrastructural problems within the community and I feel a bit responsible (since back then I was responsible for the activity on the site).

I came to a realization that some of my behavior on the chat has influenced people negatively and I guess I should apologize for that. Not that it matters now, it’s been a problem for years and some of the people I should say sorry to are long gone.

I don’t have any future plans of updating the Lucent Tutorial as it’s also time-consuming for my schedule. But thank you to all of those who read and support the tutorial. It means a lot to me.

I’m going to ask Jacob to demod me so I’m not so tempted to return to the site as a moderator. Maybe I will come back every now and then to say hi, but I’m not going to have long visits.

I don’t regret any time I’ve spent here. I hope I’ve made a difference for the time I’ve been here. Stay safe and happy sequencing.

Regards,

Lucent
-dies-
my coochie itch
then get a new one
Really hoping this is for an early April Fool's gag or something but if it's not, I truly do wish you the best in the coming years and the best of luck in your studies. Do keep in touch aight?
You'll be back one day. You may just be exaggerating the spring cleaning. Good luck with everything you do.
Hey guys, I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. I thought long and hard over my decision to leave the site and I've come to the conclusion that I want to reconsider—seeing how many of you would be demoralized if I left.

If anything for that matter, I was just testing to see if you guys would miss me or not. It seems like an out-of-character act, but it's true. I've been troubled with my thoughts as of late and I guess I gave into my intrusive thoughts to act as if I wanted a little attention on this site. I've always had the predisposition that the love for me on this site was an ingenuine thing—or out of fear for me being a moderator—but really, all of your support is real and it just comforts me knowing that.

I'm a much better person now in 2021 than I was when I last tried to leave the site multiple times in 2017-2018. During my brief respite, I remembered how back then I would always write public announcements saying that I would go away forever. I didn't want to act like that ever again—so in this year's letter I just wanted to seem more reasonable about my departure. But even in doing so, it seems that I just can't detach myself from the site.

If you are reading until the end, thank you all for being so supportive. This was an April Fools joke. I hope you all have a nice day. Happy sequencing.

Lucent
you got us good lucent
please dont leave D:
Lucent is leaving yes
Pages: 1 2 3 4