Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Online Sequencer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: avatar_9000.png?dateline=1538339847]
Online Sequencer
Look at the bottom of this post to see future instruments

Online Sequencer (onlinesequencer.net) is an online music sequencer created by Jacob Morgan and George Burdell. There have been over 50,000 registered users since 2013. There have also been almost 2 million sequences since 2013 as well. The user with the most plays total is XStep, with about 437 thousand plays. The user with the most reputation is Jacob_ with 175 points.

History

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far away... Online Sequencer was created by Jacob Morgan before February 2, 2013. On December 12, 2014, Jacob_ began recruiting moderators to help clean up the chat. Those who replied to the forum thread and became mod were Jay2k (2014), Paraspider (2014), cork (2015), Kirbyderp (2016), Alex! (2018), and Benjobanjo7 (2018). fox and Lucent did reply to that thread but never asked to become a moderator.[1] On August 4, 2014, Online Sequencer was featured on a Vsauce3 video titled "What 681 BILLION Pixels Looks Like! -- Dong". On January 28, 2017, the Official Online Sequencer Discord was created. Before February 13, 2018, It is said that Lucent left the moderation team around December 13, 2018, but is currently a moderator right now [2] On April 1, 2019, the World Update was announced and would add 'every known instrument in the universe' (Its actually an April Fools joke). Some instruments that WERE added are Electric Guitar, Grand Piano, and Xylophone. [3] On July, 4, 2019, Robo, which was made by fox was added into chat and her purpose was to enable discord users to chat with website users. Every month, an annual contest is held to create a song with a specific type of genre or has a specific instrument.
List of Instruments

• Piano
  • Electric Piano
  • Grand Piano
  • Harpsichord
  • Ragtime piano
  • Music box
    Percussion
  • Drum Kit
  • Electric Drum Kit
  • Xylophone
  • Vibraphone
  • Steel Drums
    Percussion (Classic)
  • 8-Bit Drum Kit
  • 2013 Drum Kit
  • 808 Drums
    Guitar
  • Acoustic Guitar
  • Electric Guitar
  • Bass
  • Slap Bass
  • Jazz Guitar
  • Muted E-Guitar
  • Distortion Guitar
  • Sitar! Sitar! Sitar!
  • Koto
    Electronic
  • Smooth Synth
  • Synth Pluck
  • Scifi
  • 8-Bit Sine
  • 8-Bit Square
  • 8-Bit Sawtooth
  • 8-Bit Triangle
    Orchestra
  • French Horn
  • Trombone
  • Violin
  • Cello
  • Concert Harp
  • Pizzicato
  • Flute
    Testing
  • Secret (Sustain) Piano
  • Saxophone
  • Synth Bass
  • Church Organ
  • Pop Synth
  • 808 Bass
List of Mods:
Jacob_
Jay2k (formerly, banned)
ParaSpider
cork (formerly, banned)
Kirbyderp
Alex (formerly, resigned)
Benjobanjo7
fox
LucentTear
Crimson
XStep
Void
Liam
[1] Looking for moderators, 2014
[2] Looking for moderators, 2014, Page 2
[3] Announcement: The Universe Update
Created April 8
Last Edit: April 9, 5:24 PM EST
Super top poopoo:
among us instrument
klenord sussy
fart synth
asian midgets slapping butts
[/align]
This is a nice bit of info. But it would be nice to have a bit more of an OS timeline. Some details about the early creation of OS would be cool.

- And more details about the beginning of the site and the creation of user accounts would be cool.
- And the story behind the showing on VSauce's D.O.N.G listing would be nice.
- And all of the improvements to the site, when the moderators started up and in what order...
- When the 8 bit instruments and eventually the world update instruments came along, and all the various contests associated with them...
- When the discord server, and moderator and community servers started up, and when Alex started making the OS Podcasts
- When fox created the Robo to link with the discord...
- And finally when Liam helped to add more functions to the site to allow for more audio outputs, MIDI inputs, and equalization and event markers.

It would be nice to have some extra details behind what was going on during these events, and the stories behind each contributor's point of view of each situation. But. Meh.
It is still under development, but thanks for the help! Smile
wheres void
This is pretty interesting info to know giving the fact I joined this year and never got know about OS history. This is very informative, and can't wait to see more info that will added. Thank you for making this thread Trapbeat349, it helped me with knowing the OS history a little bit.
Filler text.
[/align] moment
Your writings and news are really interesting to me. There are numerous advantages to the contents. Thank you so much. My site:: ole777 download
Benjo and I became mod around the same time. Late 2019 early 2020. Kinda inaccurate. Ironically at the time I was nominated as mod, I had basically given up all hope I would become one.
I was here around when OS had Cork and Alex as mods and benjo wasn't mod yet and Ashelete was here. And was also here before trapbeat349, kannakandy, calico, larrythemaskman, and liam. I also talked to OS users from 2020 like notey and puzzlepuddles, and former users.
Pages: 1 2