Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: (SOLVED) a way to use a C:// drive in a new computer without reinstalling Windows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-10-2021, 11:04 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]If I install a new Windows 7 on a new hard drive, then copy and paste the drivers to the old hard drive, could that potentially solve the issue?
I don't think you can just copy and paste drivers. But hopefully a fresh install of windows would just work.
I really dont want to have to reinstall windows Sad
I don't understand. You just said you were going to "install a new Windows 7 on a new hard drive". Just do that, and use the new windows. You can keep your old hard drive plugged into your computer, so you can still access all the old files.

I do this every few years because windows slows down over time in my experience. It's really not a big deal. Makes things feel fresh again.
I have applications I no longer can validate, most notably a massive library of Waves VST
you can run applications off the secondary drive
I was looking up the error codes on the bluescreen and it looks like the boot device is inaccessable to Windows. I have Limux Minty installed on a different drive amd a new windows installed on a different drive. Is there a way I can copy some files to the boot partition or something?
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9928, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)
WOOOOHOOOOOO got it fixed

All I needed to do was get into the system recovery, open cmd.exe, then open regedit and edit the SATA controller registry key
Thanks for trying to help guys!
Pages: 1 2