Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: measure echo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so after the bar gets past 1 measure the things in that measure start to play again but the rest of the sequence is still playing so it sounds super clusterf***ed and echo-y. is there a way to stop this or is it just my computer that does that?
you prob have reverb or delay on
(04-25-2021, 07:49 AM)SleepFatigue Wrote: [ -> ]you prob have reverb or delay on
no. it happens when i stop the sequence too.

i have a feeling you think im super new
yeah thats just normal
can you send me a sequence where you have this problem
Yeah, we need to know the sequence where this is happening. Also, what browser are you using, and what sort of computer do you have (windows/mac etc). These are the supported browsers:

[Image: browsers2.png]
(04-25-2021, 07:48 AM)inka Wrote: [ -> ]so after the bar gets past 1 measure the things in that measure start to play again but the rest of the sequence is still playing so it sounds super clusterf***ed and echo-y. is there a way to stop this or is it just my computer that does that?

This happens to me quite a lot on my old failing laptop. If I'm playing a very resource-intense sequence, and it starts to sound like it's going through a garbage disposal, I stop the playback. There's about a 20% chance that after the buffer clears it'll play the tail end of whatever notes it was trying to render when it locked up. From then on, I'll hear a faint ghost copy of the audio delayed by however long the lockup took. Sometimes it's delayed 5 seconds or more. If I play the current measure and stop it, after those seconds pass I'll hear the measure again, just very quietly.

Reload is the only way to fix it.

Edit: i7 7600, 8GB RAM, Chrome 90.0.4430.93
I had this problem.

It happens only when you have reverb on.

The echo never played without it.

It is on all instruments no matter where you start.

I had the problem here: 

I hope this helps

Edit: in case this is important, I'm on a Chrome OS, and I use Google Chrome (obviously)
Update:

I have the idea that this happens because the reverb gets delayed and doesn't play when it's supposed to, so it falls behind the note it's supposed to be overlaying.
That's definitely how it feels for me too.
Pages: 1 2