Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: HOW 2 MAKE THIS FORUM MORE ACTIVE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This forum has been up for a year... and it's still dead as *****, what do

It bothers me that seemingly no one has noticed this:  that everyone posts their sequences, but rarely receive any comments beyond short words of praise. Nobody really has any reason to listen to other users' sequences, and it's causing the site to stagnate BIG TIME

Here's the big question:  HOW DO WE FIX THIS?

At some point, I held some contest where the participants were the judges themselves. Basically, each participant submitted a song, then the participants had to listen to each song and give it a rating. What I was trying to do by holding this contest was to give people a reason to ACTUALLY listen to other sequences. There were 8 submissions total, so I'd say it was pretty successful considering how ded this forum is ;)

Also I'm considering holding more contests in the same vein as I just described, but on a more constant basis (i.e. monthly contests). Perhaps it would breathe some life into this dead husk of a forum ayy

This is just a single way to get people to listen to other sequences, though. If you have any other ideas of how this can be accomplished, rev up those ideas in the replies below lads
Yeah. That would be one way. Only, the contest wouldn't really work with such a small community.
We might have to refer a few more members to the forums to keep it alive.
I would enter..... Smile. hopefully im not the only one
I would enter!