Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Tips For Creating More Unique Music?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!! For now, I am creating metal music! I am trying to find ways to make my music sound more "unique," and not so generic. Does anyone have tips for making more uniquely sounding music? I am creating metal music right now. If anyone has any tips, that would be very beneficial for me!!!!

Thanks,
Marysamat
unique music is overrated, you'll hate your music the same no matter how unique it is
One word: experiment. Use something you may have never used before and see if it works with what you're currently using. It's a process of trial and (mostly) error, but it's fun and satisfying.
Copy people exactly

This sounds weird but copying people can give you better ideas about techniques and whatnoy,and the more diverse your covers are, the more that will influence your own music. I also recommend covering yoyr least favorite music for that can really open up new ways of thinking about music
(05-15-2021, 05:22 AM)Marysamat ♪ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!! For now, I am creating metal music! I am trying to find ways to make my music sound more "unique," and not so generic. Does anyone have tips for making more uniquely sounding music? I am creating metal music right now. If anyone has any tips, that would be very beneficial for me!!!!

Thanks,
Marysamat
use the low vibraphone, like make the vibraphone at C2, and make the high gain at least a little bit in the red- idk i havent been here for long
Trying to be unique is like trying to imagine a new colour. You can't just "be unique" like that
Do you know any tricks I can use when creating music? Like I don't know how to word it but I'm think of that Gojira guitar sound that they do. The one where they slide their fingers down on the guitar notes to create a whining or screaming type sound. Are there any tricks I can do like that Loypt?
Its easy to do on a real guitar, not really in MIDI samples
What kind of metal music do you like the most? I think Avantgarde metal would be a good choice if you need that uniqueness...Thy Catafalque's style of music is always catchy, for example. The same goes for Deathspell Omega, Ulver, and many other bands and project which don't fear to experiment with the sound. Experiments - is what you really need. Some projects like Netra even mixed cloud rap/trip hop with black metal...and their albums are masterpieces. Of course, every unique music also needs proper music marketing services to make people around listen to your albums or singles. Don't be afraid to experiment!
DEEZ NUTS r GOD FOR UNIKE MUSIC