Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Please add longer tone length to violin and cello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(05-25-2021, 01:14 PM)pseudoname Wrote: [ -> ]use pseudosustain, you can read about it in lucent's guide. there's a link in the upper right corner of the sequencer
But what if I want to make the note shorter?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J34z...sp=sharing

i found the original soundfonts here so you can if you do it in a DAW
(05-27-2021, 03:03 PM)emekat Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2021, 01:14 PM)pseudoname Wrote: [ -> ]use pseudosustain, you can read about it in lucent's guide. there's a link in the upper right corner of the sequencer
detune and volume markers help here. detune to shorten every note, and volume to cut off an instrument
(05-27-2021, 03:17 PM)pseudoname Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2021, 03:03 PM)emekat Wrote: [ -> ]
detune and volume markers help here. detune to shorten every note, and volume to cut off an instrument

Thought this was a very novel approach so I took your advice and tried it. Sorry to say, it doesn't work, not in any practical sense anyways.

Issue 1 - A marker can't adjust the same attribute twice. So you can't do legato notes that don't overlap each other.

Issue 2 - Markers are only accurate to 16th notes so trying to simulate legato means using a ridiculous tempo and stretching your bars into 2 or 4 or 8 so that the 16th note gap is small.

Issue 3 - Cutting off the level at the marker usually makes an ugly discontinuity (pop noise) unless you fade down with another marker (which will use up another 16th note and make you double the tempo and stretch the bars further).

Issue 4 - Markers only adjust level of instrument channel, not individual notes. So when you use the next marker to reset the instrument level for the next note, the previous note's sustain comes right back.
Pages: 1 2