Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Marker Value Resets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the marker settings have a 'reset' button that sets the value to its global or 'initial' setting (its setting in the mixer). This is great, but one issue with this. If you set markers to reset value, then change the initial setting, the markers don't change. This means that if you have an instrument setting that is being automated on and off of its reset value throughout the sequence, you can't change that value with the mixer settings, only the markers. Which means potentially a (bleep)ton of marker editing just to make a small change.

What if there was a hook button on the marker to hook the value to initial value even when initial value changes?

It would be a big big time saver instead of having to redo 20 or 30 or 100 or more markers.
There's a method to the madness. Just prepare the markers ahead of time. Usually when I'm using blend markers I always use at least 2 or 3 markers before I change any actual settings. Works like a charm.
No matter how much preparation you do, the mix is always changing. I'm already having this problem. I'm gating the synth on/off 4 times per bar. No matter what level I have them at, once I add the rest of the instruments, that level will almost certainly change. By the time that I'm done it'll be somewhere between 60-120 bars at 4 markers per bar. Actually it might be 8 per bar since I might fade them down requiring a second reset marker. If I decide later that it's a bit loud in the mix and needs to come down a tick, that's a minimum of 240 markers redone from scratch.
I agree. Maybe the reset button should be a toggle. You click it on, and it sets the marker value to the global value, and also tracks any changes made to the value. Click it off and it stops tracking those changes (though the value has still been reset, so if you want the current behavior you just click it twice).
Sweet. That would be perfect. Especially now that I'm gating TWO synths (in different rhythms) and the markers are a big jumble pile on top of each other.