Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Creator Points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who thinks creator points would be cool? That would open up a bunch of new stuff into OS like a creator point leaderboard, & ratings. So it's basically Geometry Dash but you don't have levels. The maximum amount you can get from a sequence is 5 cp instead of three like GD. I haven't come up with the names of the ratings (determined how much cp you will get) so for now I'll use the 5 star system. You can still post ideas in the chat though.
(06-15-2021, 10:11 AM)AGuyWhoLivesInAHouse Wrote: [ -> ]Who thinks creator points would be cool? That would open up a bunch of new stuff into OS like a creator point leaderboard, & ratings. So it's basically Geometry Dash but you don't have levels. The maximum amount you can get from a sequence is 5 cp instead of three like GD. I haven't come up with the names of the ratings (determined how much cp you will get) so for now I'll use the 5 star system. You can still post ideas in the chat though.

Nice suggestion. Would be useful.
Aren't creator points like, a thing in Geometry Dash?
I have trauma from making so many stages and getting absolutely none.
(Or something)
Edit: Oh you mentioned GD
(06-15-2021, 10:11 AM)AGuyWhoLivesInAHouse Wrote: [ -> ]...So it's basically Geometry Dash but...

(06-15-2021, 10:13 AM)Supersonicj Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't creator points like, a thing in Geometry Dash?
meh, a leaderboard/points kinda deal would probably cause a lot of competitiveness like what happened with rep, but it would be nice to have a community featured section in the sequences page for people to see some of the site's best sequences, however if this was implemented then there would have to be precautions taken against popularity bias and everythin but who knows
I think OS should be free of any rating system, for it will give people bias when critiqing songs, leading to dishonest feedback
Same as the 2 above me, a points system would only really serve as a way to deter people from actually giving honest feedback. On paper it seems like a neat idea, but in practice it shares some of the same issues that rep had before it was taken off the site entirely.
Also it would attract all those obnoxious "like hungry" people
(06-15-2021, 11:15 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Also it would attract all those obnoxious "like hungry" people
Okay, but why?
You would just be able to potentially give yourself CP with alts, right?
Yeah no I don't like the sound of that. Especially If I were to see a Megalo on the leaderboard.
Pages: 1 2